The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lancelot
Some people go through hours of painful facial plastic surgery to look more like a cat. Strange i know but true. I dont have that much respect for that acheivement either.
building large muscles and looking in the mirror all day is no great achievement, simply a matter of distressing the body into reacting to muscle stress and repair and then eating abnormal amounts of calories for the rest of your active life? Looking like jay cutler is not a natural state of being, unless you happen to be a gorrila

There is nothing hard about going through surgery. The difficulty lies with the surgeon :rolleyes:

Looking in the mirror all day? Erm, what? Well now we know what you would do, but that isn't everyone.
i agree, but there is a difference in an athlete getting in shape for his profession and a BB trying to get so inflated that he cant wear normal clothes anymore. Do girls think looking like that is 'better'? i dont think majority of them do.
We (human species) arnt designed to inflate ourselves to the size of jay cutler, our joints, tendons and cartilage arnt designed to accompany giant muscles, heart isnt designed to pump blood to that volume of muscle either. Nor are we suppossed to consume the calories he does daily without the anaerobic excercise that would normally go hand in hand. Ask jay culter to sprint 400 metres and see if he can stay standing for example.

fair enough but you honestly think BBs do it for girls? LOL no they do it because they love lifting and competing; it's one of the things that drives and motivates human beings the most - mastery; working hard at something and improving, and seeing how far you can go. Same thing that drives people to practice an instrument or draw/paint for hours everyday.
Reply 22
Original post by HFerguson
fair enough but you honestly think BBs do it for girls? LOL no they do it because they love lifting and competing; it's one of the things that drives and motivates human beings the most - mastery; working hard at something and improving, and seeing how far you can go. Same thing that drives people to practice an instrument or draw/paint for hours everyday.

'improving' is a debatable term. In terms simply of opinion, BBs as per this thread may beleive they are improving their aesthetics, but they are probably in a minority. I dont see necessarily that tricking your body into a constant state of repair can be described as improving it, in the same way as tricking it into a starvation response to get as thin as possible would - although an anorexic would probably get the same sort of psychological buzz from a comparative weight-loss achievment.

As i said i dont have a problem in getting your body into a good shape - and we all have a natural body size and shape that can be easily be sustained by balancing calorie intake with day to day physical activity. And atheltes that compete in high-level physical activity generally will have the best body balance in terms of aesthetic shape, functional power and endurance. Apart from working as a bouncer and trying to maintain some size as some sort of visual intimidatory tactic, i see no advantage to looking like an overblown ape - which is beyond the natural state for the human species.

I cant agree that doing heavy weights and consuming abnormal amounts of calories for most of your life for the purpose of posing on a stage is a level of mastery either - if the aim is to pack on abnormal amounts of muscle tissue there are more efficient ways of doing this. courses of hormone supplement and other steroid treatments and various supplements that science has developed can help most people ballon themselves to this sort of size
(edited 12 years ago)
I dont see necessarily that tricking your body into a constant state of repair can be described as improving it.

I cant agree that doing heavy weights and consuming abnormal amounts of calories for most of your life for the purpose of posing on a stage is a level of mastery either - if the aim is to pack on abnormal amounts of muscle tissue there are more efficient ways of doing this. courses of hormone supplement and other steroid treatments and various supplements that science has developed can help most people ballon themselves to this sort of size

Firstly, man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor. Secondly, lol most of those huge bodybuilders DO use huge amounts of steroids - Jay Cutler posted for example. They still must eat "abnormal amounts of calories" to achieve this.
I dont see necessarily that tricking your body into a constant state of repair can be described as improving it,

That's because your not a bodybuilder.
Reply 25
Original post by Movember

can someone who is mostly endomorph ever be aesthetically pleasing?

In terms of having small wrist joints etc, no you won't look classically aesthetic in terms of someone like zyzz or frank zane. However, that doesn't mean you can't be aesthetic - people like supaturk are endomorphs like yourself and they look great.

Also lol at everyone saying jay cutler looks the way he is because he's a "end/meso". I'm sure it has nothing to do with all the gear and, sadly, synthol he uses.
Reply 26

Implying anyone of noteable aesthetics is natty. Every pro bodybuilder is on gear, and also a lot of amatuers and people who don't even compete. The human body simply does not have the capacity to build muscle to that extent naturally.
Reply 27
Original post by Powerlifter
A real nob in person too, I told him to basically **** off at the fitness expo.

Yates, Coleman, Flex Lewis, Dennis Wolf, numerous strongmen, MMA fighters etc walking around - Cutler being the exception was walking with 4 bodyguards in a square around him and someone out in front telling people to move out of the way.

I was having some food with Terry Hollands at the time (nice Pork & Apple burger thing) and we were chatting watching some jumping contest when the man in front told us to move.
I saw what the score was and said in a loud voice so Cutler could hear "If that arrogant prick knew anything he would understand his money comes from these fans so he can **** off and walk around us like everyone else that doesn't have short man syndrome"

Given I towered over Cutler and was bigger than his Bodyguards and well Tel is one of the biggest athletes on earth they did walk around with no argument - I am guessing more due to Tel than myself but it was satisfying to publicly put down Cutler

:lol:
Reply 28
Original post by Skarm
Implying anyone of noteable aesthetics is natty. Every pro bodybuilder is on gear, and also a lot of amatuers and people who don't even compete. The human body simply does not have the capacity to build muscle to that extent naturally.

I think that was my point. Gorillas do it naturally and are approx 15-18 times stonger than human beings. They also eat around 10 % of their own body weight every day. But that is how their phisiology works, ours does not. Bodybuilders seem to want to be apes and also are the only ones that think they look aesthetically appealing. So i dont really see the point of jay cutler and all jay cutler wannabes.
(edited 12 years ago)
Anyone can get good aesthetics, don't let your body type be an excuse.
Reply 30
he looks an attention seeking tit like all BBs. no happy with being born into the human species wishing he was born an ape

Humans are apes, mongoloid.

I think he looks great. Obviously a very dedicated man.
Original post by tinktinktinkerbell
steve davis is another one

Reply 32
Original post by seasons of wither
didnt read what you wrote. thought that was james hetfield. freaked.

Ahaha. I'll rep you for this tomorrow. :tongue:
Reply 33
Original post by Einheri
Humans are apes, mongoloid.

I think he looks great. Obviously a very dedicated man.

You may be an ape but i am a different, more evolved species ( over about 1.1 million years).
In fact calling you an ape might be doing certain other primates a dis-service, certainly in terms of mental capacity, i reckon a reasonably well trained chimp could outsmart you.

Back to the OP, understand that keeping your body in a unsustainable state of repair is not a permanent or recommended solution to getting bigger because we differ in physiology to other animals that can maintain substantial muscle growth over long periods. The idea of going to the gym to grow to gorilla sized proportions is the biggest scam in sports science. You will find spending approx 3-4 thousand pounds a year on gym memberships, overpriced supplements and extra food to maintain an abnormally high calorie intake is entirely a pointless exercise ( apart from keeping the sports leisure and sports pharma industries in profit). You will need to maintain this pointless cycle of expenditure for the rest of your active life ( at least till your metabolism and testosterone levels plummet with late middle age if sooner) because if you decide to give it a break you will lose all the temporary gains you worked for as your body resumes to a natural state and operating weight.

Notwithstanding the effects of strains on your various joints and tendons (which are largely ire-repairable) will suffer from years of pointless lifting of lumps of steel and the stresses on your circulatory and renal systems (kidneys for BBs) having to deal with and remove the piles of rubbish you pile into your body due a vastly increased high calorie consumption. None of which the human body was designed to deal with over a long period.
Reply 34
You may be an ape but i am a different, more evolved species ( over about 1.1 million years).
In fact calling you an ape might be doing certain other primates a dis-service, certainly in terms of mental capacity, i reckon a reasonably well trained chimp could outsmart you.

There are several species of ape; one of which is homo sapiens (that's human to you). Are you saying that you aren't a human?
steve davis is another one, hes in arnies book and the transformation is amazing!

He isn't an Endo? So what is your point here?
He isn't an Endo? So what is your point here?

says in arnies book he was
says in arnies book he was

No it doesn't
No it doesn't

lol yes it does

EDIT: oh and on various sites on the net it does too
lol yes it does

EDIT: oh and on various sites on the net it does too

No it doesn't, I have it in front of me right now. It says "Once weighed in at around 270lbs, which means he tended heavily towards endomorphic......"

There is a difference between tending towards a somato type and being a pure one.
His limbs are to long to be a true endomporph - its easy to see in the length of his thigh to his torso and in his thin ankles.

Latest