The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Primary PGCE, Edge Hill

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I just rang the admissions office and they said that they have their numbers and are hoping to start telling people within the next week. She did add that that could change though.
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by ELH21

Original post by ELH21
I had my interview on the 16th November and have still not heard anything. The wait is KILLING me!

I don't want to raise your hopes up but I have friends that were interviewed on that date, one has been told he was unsuccessful whilst the other has had the 'considering your application' response which has been unofficially confirmed as a yes. Good luck x
Reply 42
Original post by Richykin

Original post by Richykin
I just rang the admissions office and they said that they have their numbers and are hoping to start telling people within the next week. She did add that that could change though.

Fingers crossed for some good news this week then guys x
Reply 43
Good luck guys... I just want to know now so I can start planning my life! x
Reply 44
Original post by Jasmin0902
I don't want to raise your hopes up but I have friends that were interviewed on that date, one has been told he was unsuccessful whilst the other has had the 'considering your application' response which has been unofficially confirmed as a yes. Good luck x

Hello :smile: I received a letter saying the my application was still under consideration. But I just thought that i was in the 'Maybe' category as decisions had not yet been made!? Can I ask how you have found out that 'unofficially' this is a yes?

AND Yes the wait is awful!!! I think they are waiting to host some more interviews this week before making any decisions... but i am guessing! :confused:
Reply 45
You may be right, I know a few people who have interviews on Wednesday at Edge Hill.

I can remember the course leader saying that there are currently 148 people on the course, and that they were not anticipating any less this year. There have been 3 or 4 interview days so far with around 25 people on each interview day... so surely they could put us out of our misery by now?!

Good luck anyway!
Reply 46
Hey

Been following the thread and this waiting game is cracking me up as well.

I had my PGCE Primary interview on the 7th Dec and since late Dec I've probably checked GTTR track about ten times a day. I rang up last Friday and received the same kind of reply.

Frustrating is an understatement...best of luck everyone!
Reply 47
I had my interview for the early years pgce on the 29th november and havent heard a thing?!

I noticed on the thread that some people have received letters to say their application is still being considered, however i havent had this!

Gttr seems to have had the sam screen since it was updated to notify me i had an interview!

Im concerened i havent had a letter like other ppl to acknowledge that i havent had a response from them since the 9th November when i was told i had an interview?!?

I hope we find out this week?!!!!!
Reply 48
Yeah my GTTR screen is also the same, just says 'interview', last updated on 10th November.

Fingers crossed for this week guys! x
Reply 49
Original post by skinz

Original post by skinz
Hello :smile: I received a letter saying the my application was still under consideration. But I just thought that i was in the 'Maybe' category as decisions had not yet been made!? Can I ask how you have found out that 'unofficially' this is a yes?
AND Yes the wait is awful!!! I think they are waiting to host some more interviews this week before making any decisions... but i am guessing! :confused:

He was told by his course leader who had made enquiries about it but it's not official until an offer of a place has been made. basically, if your interview was 16th I am certain you would have been told by now if it was a no. Just check out some of the other threads on here and there are a few that have been told no after a couple of weeks. I would safely say it looks like good news for you. I wouldn't imagine thet have a maybe pile as the application has to be passed on to your second choice and they are well aware of that x
Reply 50
Original post by Pedro123

Original post by Pedro123
Hey

Been following the thread and this waiting game is cracking me up as well.

I had my PGCE Primary interview on the 7th Dec and since late Dec I've probably checked GTTR track about ten times a day. I rang up last Friday and received the same kind of reply.

Frustrating is an understatement...best of luck everyone!

I was there that day too! From what I've been told you get an email to say your GTTR status has been updated and to check it so no need to stress about checking it every day!! Good luck x
Reply 51
Original post by Jessyboo

Original post by Jessyboo
I had my interview for the early years pgce on the 29th november and havent heard a thing?!

I noticed on the thread that some people have received letters to say their application is still being considered, however i havent had this!

Gttr seems to have had the sam screen since it was updated to notify me i had an interview!

Im concerened i havent had a letter like other ppl to acknowledge that i havent had a response from them since the 9th November when i was told i had an interview?!?

I hope we find out this week?!!!!!

Hi, how was the interview for that? I'm thinking I may apply for early years if I'm not successful for primary pgce although the thought of all those tests and written tasks again scares the life out of me!! Did you have to do similar things for yours?
Good luck with it, hope you hear soon x
April i had mine on 14th dec also..not heard a peep!!reallly nervous now!!
Reply 53
Original post by Sophiejadey89
April i had mine on 14th dec also..not heard a peep!!reallly nervous now!!

Me too! I know they said we'd find out in January with Christmas being right after our interview but it's almost a month now... I wasn't very optimistic in the first place as I found the tests much harder than expected!

How did you find the day? x
Reply 54

Hey Jasmin0902

Where were you sat? Not sure if we met.

For some reason my email doesn't get a response from GTTR (and it is the right address), like when my status was changed for the Edge Hill interview, only found out by logging onto the GTTR site. Tried to resolve with GTTR...

Hoping the delay means good news and we hear this week!
Reply 55
He was told by his course leader who had made enquiries about it but it's not official until an offer of a place has been made. basically, if your interview was 16th I am certain you would have been told by now if it was a no. Just check out some of the other threads on here and there are a few that have been told no after a couple of weeks. I would safely say it looks like good news for you. I wouldn't imagine thet have a maybe pile as the application has to be passed on to your second choice and they are well aware of that x

Ah I see! Well thank you for getting back to me.

FINGERS AND TOES CROSSED - Good Luck everyone :tongue:
I found the essay and interviews all good but it was the same for me with the tests! found the english really challenging! where about were you sat? remember your name bein called i think! :smile:
Reply 57
Jasmin if your right I shall find you and kiss you.
I really think that waiting this long, they simply cant say no, cos other unis are full, secondary English and Primary at Hope are practically full, so if it is bad news, they have really hung us out to dry.
Reply 58
Sorry to say, to those of you who have applied for the early years pgce apparently they havent even told those who have been unsuccessful!!!!!

Just had a private message from someone to say they rang up today!!!

So in response to your comment below, it is likely that sone of us will be getting an unsuccessful reply despite having our interview in November!!!

Its ridiculous, so much for letting us know assoon as possible so we could apply to our second choice!!!
Reply 59
If that's true...that is a terrible way to treat candidates.

I was late applying last year (week before deadline) and got no's from all the Merseyside/Lancs courses cos by mid Dec they had filled. So to make sure I got somewhere this year I applied as soon as it opened...only to find potentially myself in the same position. Frustrating!

I think the whole PGCE primary app process needs an overhaul...when you apply both of your choices should consider your apps at the same time and then at least you haven't wasted 2 months waiting for an answer!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending