The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Official Edge Hill University 2023 entry thread

Hello :hello:

This is the official thread for students looking to apply for 2023 entry to Edge Hill University. It is a space to ask questions and to find out more about what it is like to study here.

You can also chat to other people looking to apply.

What courses are you looking to apply for?
Have you been to one of our open days?
What are you currently studying?
Reply 1
hi, what's student life like at edge hill? in terms of the nearest town, how much roughly is it to eat out at restaurants and shop? and is the nearest town particularly busy or quiet and rural?
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
i’ve applied to edge hill but i live near ormskirk. it’s quite small and rural, with some nice cafes; i’ve only been the fat italian which can be a bit spenny depending on what you get (but worth a visit) but overall it’s not an expensive place compared to going out liverpool.
Hi there,

If you would like to speak with our students about their experiences at Edge Hill and Ormskirk, you can speak with them here.

Ormskirk is a 30-minute train ride from the city of Liverpool, so students often find they can enjoy both town and city.

I hope this helps,

Melissa- Course Enquiries
Original post by jdawg_
hi, what's student life like at edge hill? in terms of the nearest town, how much roughly is it to eat out at restaurants and shop? and is the nearest town particularly busy or quiet and rural?
Original post by jdawg_

Hi @jdawg_

There is so much to get involved in when studying at Edge Hill. There is an SU Bar on campus that has weekly themed nights out and karaoke every Friday. There is a large array of societies to get involved in and you can even start your own, so you don't have to leave campus!

Ormskirk is a small but bustling town just a short 15 minute walk from campus, or a five minute bus that is free for students. It is a market town which has stalls multiple days a week and has many affordable bars and restaurants with most offering student discounts. There are also many charity shops as well as well known chains to wander around. If you wanted something busier, Liverpool is just a 35 minute train with a direct line to and from Ormskirk.

There is something for everyone studying at Edge Hill. I hope that helps!

Emily
First Year Creative Writing Student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending