The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Primary PGCE, Edge Hill

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Hey Sophie, I just got an email from GTTR about my status changing...and when I logged on it was on there.

Hey Jasmin well done! I was sat middle back with three others for the intial tests.
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Reply 81
I wonder when those of us who applied for Early Years will find out, shouldn't be long now. Congratulations to all you Primary folk who got on!! Excellent way to start the year!
Reply 82
I also got an unconditional offer today :smile: :smile: so happy right now! Bracing myself for all the hard work in September though!!
Reply 83
I applied for the early years pgce ritchykin and still havent heard anything : / hope we hear soon xx
Reply 84
Think we had all had better introduce ourselves!!! haha, Totally buzzing!
Reply 85
Original post by Sophiejadey89
not looking like many or anyone has found out from our date yet... seriously nervous now!! x

Same... I wonder when we'll hear! Arghhh... the suspense is killing me. Think positively :redface: x
Reply 86
Original post by MILOVENT24
Think we had all had better introduce ourselves!!! haha, Totally buzzing!

Yep good idea, we can do that on the 24th June at the induction day...providing we've all got the same date! Sooooo happy!!!:smile:
Oh wow well done all you for getting on! My interview is on 25th January.
Anyone have any general advice for the interview day? xx
Reply 88
Anyone else heard? I'm still waiting! x
Reply 89
Hi All

I'm new on TSR and found it quite interesting so thought that I'd join.
Many congratulations on all those that got a place. Unfortunately for me I was unsuccessful at the application stage so thought that I would ask for advice from all those that got a place as I'm not sure where I went quite wrong.
All I think of is that I do not have my GSCE Science but did state that I would complete the equivalency test- Would that be a major factor that they consider?
I started undertaking voluntary experience at a local school since September 2011 but that obviously didnt help. I prepared quite a comprehensive personal statement and my reference was amazing. I'm sooo upset, it certainly has ruined my weekend.
All I think of is to complete my GCSE Science and continue with my voluntary work. How else can I make myself stand out. Your advice would be much appreciated? Thanks.
Reply 90
Hi everyone,

Well done to everyone who has been offered a place for Primary. I've just found out that i've also been accepted, such a relief. Was wondering if anyone from the 16th November interview got through from my table?
Original post by AprilOneil
Anyone else heard? I'm still waiting! x

Nope i rang aswell but didnt help!this is awful!ive become mental checking emails 24/7! x
Reply 92
Original post by Mariah01
Hi All

Many congratulations on all those that got a place. Unfortunately for me I was unsuccessful at the application stage so thought that I would ask for advice from all those that got a place as I'm not sure where I went quite wrong.
All I think of is that I do not have my GSCE Science but did state that I would complete the equivalency test- Would that be a major factor that they consider?
I started undertaking voluntary experience at a local school since September 2011 but that obviously didnt help. I prepared quite a comprehensive personal statement and my reference was amazing. I'm sooo upset, it certainly has ruined my weekend.
All I think of is to complete my GCSE Science and continue with my voluntary work. How else can I make myself stand out. Your advice would be much appreciated? Thanks.

Hi

I'm new to the TSR too. Sorry to hear that your application was unsuccessful. I retook my science gcse last summer before applying for for the pgce, so I would recomend that you did this too. Keep volunteering in a school as this definitely helps. Would you consider working as a Teaching Assistant? I decided to do this for a year whilst applying for the pgce. I've had my interview, just waiting to hear if I've been accepted onto the course. Fingers crossed!
Reply 93
Nope i rang aswell but didnt help!this is awful!ive become mental checking emails 24/7! x

Me too! What were you told when you rang? x
Reply 94
Hi love tea

Many thanks for your advice. I'm definitely intending in completing my GCSE Science although I'll be a couple of months into it when I re-apply again so I hope its not going to be a problem. I'll still carry on with my voluntary work and have seen a couple of TA's post which I will apply although there's stiff competition for this as well. I'm taking a massive pay cut to do all this so I hope it's going to be worth it all.

What's the average age range for ppl applying for Primary PGCE?

Many thanks.
Original post by AprilOneil
Me too! What were you told when you rang? x

Basically that we would find out by the end of the month!she said the places were being trickled through from tutors!and they have been updating the few theyve had,hoping to god it doesnt take that long!x
Reply 96
Basically that we would find out by the end of the month!she said the places were being trickled through from tutors!and they have been updating the few theyve had,hoping to god it doesnt take that long!x

Oh maaan, it's such a long wait. I've been told by some people that they haven't even told the people from our day who were unsuccesful :confused: but then a girl I work with had her interview on Wed and was told that the people who were unsuccesful had been informed? Ahhh so many conflicting reports ha! xx
Well done to all those with a place!! I've just found out my application was unsuccessful :frown: so gutted to not even be invited to interview. I really planned things around studying PGCE this year! My primary experience was not sufficient apparently..out of curiosity how much exp does everyone have?
Reply 98
Original post by Mariah01
Hi All

Hi there

Sorry to hear that you were unsuccessful.

Just to give you a bit of help and encouragement - I have a 2:2 in Business and Psychology, do not currently work within a educational setting, have 12 days experience in a school, have a D at GCSE - But have been offered a place for this year following a successful interview at Edge hill (as long as I pass the equivalency test.. which I will!!)!

My advice would be to make sure that your Personal statement makes you stand out (make it different and exciting - I worked on mine for approx 3-4 months!), and get as much experience as possible - I have 12 days experience in a primary school but also do voluntary work with Guides and a childrens charity in the summer. If you are then selected for interview, ensure that you are well prepared!!

I hope that this helps - Have faith :smile:
Reply 99
Anyone had any word yet on this cold Monday afternoon?! Nothing for me! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending