The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

University of Lincoln Applicants 2012

Lincoln doesn't get enough credit. I think it should have its own applicants page! So here it is...feel free to post your offers along with what course you have applied for/offer conditions.

e.g

Course: BSc Psychology with Forensic Psychology
Offer: Unconditional
Conditions: none :smile:

(that's me btw)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by BexyBear
Lincoln doesn't get enough credit. I think it should have its own applicants page! So here it is...feel free to post your offers along with what course you have applied for/offer conditions.

e.g

Course: BSc Psychology with Forensic Psychology
Conditions: none :smile:

(that's me btw)

This is my offer :biggrin:
Course: BSc Computer Information System
Conditions: none hehehe:tongue:
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by san300
This is my offer :biggrin:
Course: BSc Computer Information System
Conditions: none hehehe:tongue:

wooo what A levels did you get? are you gap year-ing?
I got an offer from Lincoln too :smile: Conditional of 280 points for biomedical science.
Can't choose between that or LJMU for my insurance!
You're right, Lincoln doesn't get enough credit :tongue:

If any of you have any questions about the uni or Psychology, then give me a shout!
Is the uni good for law?
Reply 6
wooo what A levels did you get? are you gap year-ing?

Appield Media, ICT and Business and yeah i am in my gap year :biggrin:
Original post by Pensivedore
Is the uni good for law?

It is indeed :smile:
A new building has just been built especially for Business and Law, with mock courts and everything!
Got 2 interviews for Graphic Design and Exhibition Design, I'm nervous :s-smilie: as i don't know what exactly to put in my portfolio!
Reply 9
had an interview there for a nursing course today. Think it went quite well so hopefully i will get an unconditional offer :smile:
Got an offer for psychology woo! :smile:
:biggrin:
Original post by misslaura_bee
Got an offer for psychology woo! :smile:

Excellent! Any questions, you know where to come! Is it your firm/insurance?

Well done to all!
Original post by lozzyhickers
:biggrin:

Excellent! Any questions, you know where to come! Is it your firm/insurance?

Well done to all!

Prob going to be my insurance with UEA being my firm! What is the social life like at Lincoln? :smile:
Original post by misslaura_bee
Prob going to be my insurance with UEA being my firm! What is the social life like at Lincoln? :smile:

Brilliant, UEA is my local uni, but I preferred Lincoln, as the course itself is quite different.

The social life in Lincoln is great, loads of clubs around if you're into that sort of thing (unlike me), loads of really interesting clubs and societies (ranging from martial arts to gaming, from CSI to Alzheimers!). There are also some really good music and comedy gigs too, and the odd bit of theatre. There's a bit of everything for everyone really :smile:
Reply 14
Wooo got a conditional from Lincoln :smile: 280 points needed for English and Journalism :biggrin: Obviously going to be my firm, i fell in love with Lincoln when i went to visit :smile:

Anyone know anything about accommodation there? I havent exactly heard great things about the student Village :frown:
Reply 15
You're right, Lincoln doesn't get enough credit :tongue:

If any of you have any questions about the uni or Psychology, then give me a shout!

Are you in your second year? How are the uni at preparing you for possible careers/postgrad study. Do you know if you'll go on to do a post grad?
Are you in your second year? How are the uni at preparing you for possible careers/postgrad study. Do you know if you'll go on to do a post grad?

I'm in my first year.

But they're really good at preparing you for careers. Lecturers will happily talk to colleagues to sort of work experience, or very occasionally, let you assist in their research. There is an optional extra employability course in 3rd year, workshops on PS andd CV writing, and throughout the whole course there are visiting professionals giving advice and options for careers and postgrads.

I'm definetly going to do a postgrad, as I want to be a clinical neuropsychologist :smile:
Reply 17
I'm in my first year.

But they're really good at preparing you for careers. Lecturers will happily talk to colleagues to sort of work experience, or very occasionally, let you assist in their research. There is an optional extra employability course in 3rd year, workshops on PS andd CV writing, and throughout the whole course there are visiting professionals giving advice and options for careers and postgrads.

I'm definetly going to do a postgrad, as I want to be a clinical neuropsychologist :smile:

that sounds so good. I'm doing Psychology with Forensic Psychology, and it's easy to read all the forums that say you have to go to a top 10 uni to be considered in any area of psychology. it's had me on a real downer for a while, but Lincoln looks like it's constantly improving and gaining more and more recognition.
that sounds so good. I'm doing Psychology with Forensic Psychology, and it's easy to read all the forums that say you have to go to a top 10 uni to be considered in any area of psychology. it's had me on a real downer for a while, but Lincoln looks like it's constantly improving and gaining more and more recognition.

It is indeed. But the truth is, going to a top 10 uni doesn't guarentee you at all. Looking at last years uni stats results, you have a 30% better chance at getting a graduate psychology job after graduation at Lincoln, than you have at Oxford. It's what you get that matters, not where you go.
Reply 19
It is indeed. But the truth is, going to a top 10 uni doesn't guarentee you at all. Looking at last years uni stats results, you have a 30% better chance at getting a graduate psychology job after graduation at Lincoln, than you have at Oxford. It's what you get that matters, not where you go.

i like those stats :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest