The Student Room Group

sheffied hallam or lincoln

got unconditionals from both and am looking to study chemistry. i know lincoln is the better of the two but Sheffield hallam has a much better location and jobs. cant really decide between the two and just looking for an opinion?
Reply 1
Original post by viable-porridge
got unconditionals from both and am looking to study chemistry. i know lincoln is the better of the two but Sheffield hallam has a much better location and jobs. cant really decide between the two and just looking for an opinion?

Have you been to visit both these unis?
Original post by Scotney
Have you been to visit both these unis?

Unfortunately no but I have an idea of the location of each them
Reply 3
Unfortunately no but I have an idea of the location of each them

If you are going to spend 3 yrs somewhere and spend tens of thousands of pounds on a degree please try and visit.There are open days for both coming up in Feb and March.You really need to visit and get a feel for the place.Looking at student satisfaction Lincoln but I am no expert on either.

Hi,

Congratulations on your offers!

One of the best things to do when you are unsure about two universities is to attend an open day. This way you are able to visit the facilities you will use on your course, speak with lecturers and current students and attend a course talk. These will allow you to get further insight into what is being offered and will help you feel more comfortable in your choice.

We have two upcoming applicant open days, taking place on Saturday the 23rd of March and Sunday the 28th of April.

You can book either of these here - Undergraduate applicant open days

For Chemistry, our session includes an introductory talk and an opportunity to experience real teaching and learning in our state of the art laboratories. We'll also hold a scenario based lab session, with an interactive practical challenge, as well as a networking opportunity to speak to current students and academics to find out more about your chosen course.

Please let me know if you have any questions related to the course or studying at Hallam.

Rosie
Sheffield Hallam Rep
i go to lincoln and love the city and student life here, but definitely visit both to see which you prefer ! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending