The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

University of Lincoln Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
I finished my exams last week, hope I did okay. Lincoln is my firm. Law with Politics btw.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Original post by saggy8
Got my offer a while back for Business & Law at 300 points! Will definitely be my firm or security :smile: Question- what's the city centre like? Is it modern? Being from Leicester I need a modern city centre to survive! What's the night-life like? Is the Uni modern? I've not had a chance to check it out yet, but i will when the time comes for me to choose between security/firm

im doing business and law!! your like the first person ive found doing it! im on that yougo site too and no-one on there is doing this course so yey!! haha
Reply 582
Original post by Emma-fluffee
I know this sounds like a really stupid question/worry but I am going to be living at home for the first year simply because I live quite close to the university but I worry that since I dont live in the student accommodation I will be left out from things like freshers week as I live at home ^^; ....

I understand this is a week old question but I have a relative who lives at home and drives to his university. He is constantly going out after university or at the weekend with uni friends, you just have to make an extra effort to talk to as many people as you can.
Reply 583
Anyone here applied to study Business & Marketing?
Reply 584
Original post by Little_stephy92
im doing business and law!! your like the first person ive found doing it! im on that yougo site too and no-one on there is doing this course so yey!! haha

hey!! yea i heard it was a relatively small course so we'll probably be in the same class!:biggrin: can't wait!
Reply 585
Original post by saggy8
hey!! yea i heard it was a relatively small course so we'll probably be in the same class!:biggrin: can't wait!

Basically you'll be mixed in with Law students for 4 of your subjects, and mixed in with Business Studies students for the other 2, so there's actually 100s of people that'll be doing the same modules as you

I'm currently in Year 1 of Business and Finance at Lincoln but I'm transferring to Law in September so I know a bit about how things work.
Reply 586
Ah okay, i didn't know that, cheers!
Reply 587
Original post by saggy8
Ah okay, i didn't know that, cheers!

No probs, if you have any other questions just ask :smile:
Original post by saggy8

that dosent surprise me that its a small class, and i kinda gathered we'd be in with business students but if you look at the moduals they're all pretty much law theres like one thats business :/
Reply 589
Hi All
can anyone help me out to get more info about Tourism Management Department? I've applied for Final Year of Tourism Management Course. :smile:
Reply 590
that dosent surprise me that its a small class, and i kinda gathered we'd be in with business students but if you look at the moduals they're all pretty much law theres like one thats business :/

There's 100s of Law students at Lincoln, for the Law subjects you'll be mixed in with people studying subjects such as Law and Politics, Law and Business, Law, Law and Criminology etc. and for the Business subjects (2 in 1st year) you'll be mixed in with students studying Business Studies, Business and Management etc. So your lectures/seminars won't be overly small classes.

Hope this helps :smile:
hey guys, anyone knows any cheap as possible hotel close to rail station and Brayford Quays???
many thanks!:smile:
Original post by ioikonomou
hey guys, anyone knows any cheap as possible hotel close to rail station and Brayford Quays???

There are loads. Holiday inn (there are two) are alright depending on the day you stay, and there are many,many bed and breakfasts (which will be the cheapest) down Carholme road and West Parade. Have a look on Trip advisor, that way you can choose how cheap you want it and exactly where it is.

Hotels- http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g186336-Lincoln_Lincolnshire_England-Hotels.html#T_CAT_HOTEL_MOTEL
B&Bs- http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g186336-c2-Lincoln_Lincolnshire_England-Hotels.html#T_CAT_BB_INN
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 593
Hey, I was just wondering where everyone is staying (if youve sorted out your accomodation yet) i dont know wheres the best place to go so im getting a worried about it! i just want somewhere thats really social pretty much haha :smile:
Reply 594
Original post by ioikonomou

The nearest hotel is the Holiday Inn on the Brayford. It's literally 30seconds between the two. It's also within walking distance of the train station (5-10min max).
Original post by kate289
Hey, I was just wondering where everyone is staying (if youve sorted out your accomodation yet) i dont know wheres the best place to go so im getting a worried about it! i just want somewhere thats really social pretty much haha :smile:

ive gone for brayford quays :smile: its cheap and quite afew people have applied there that are on here it looks like either there or on campus...
Reply 596
Original post by sophieeb
Finally seen someone thats applied for the same course as me! So excited to start it and to go and study abroad!

Same! :biggrin: where do you want to go to? I'm hoping America :smile:
Reply 597
aaaah only 4 months now :biggrin: getting excited, shame i dont have any money to start my uni shopping :cry2:
Reply 598
Hey guys I'm going to be studying Drama at Lincoln :smile:
Reply 599
Hey, i'm going to be studying Contemporary lens media :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest