No, it's my fourth choice :/

oooh ok coool :frown:
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 61
Hey guys,
I live in Lincoln and have done for about 7 years so if anybody has any questions about the city itself, I'd be glad to answer (: The city is beautiful, particularly if you're somebody who is interested in history, such as myself.
Reply 62
anyone else studying English and Journalism in Lincoln uni as their firm?
Reply 63
I've applied for the LLB Law course! Anyone else?! :biggrin: Just hoping I'll get an offer. The waiting is dreadful! :frown:
Reply 64
Hi guys, I live in London (essex), I just want to know if there are any fashion shops in the main town? (i.e Topman, Zara) etc? Thanks
Original post by Claped
Hi guys, I live in London (essex), I just want to know if there are any fashion shops in the main town? (i.e Topman, Zara) etc? Thanks

There's pretty much ecverything with the exception of Zara and H&M. :smile:
Reply 66
Original post by lozzyhickers
There's pretty much ecverything with the exception of Zara and H&M. :smile:

Awesome, Thanks :biggrin:!

Also, how far is Lincoln from London by Train/Car?

Ta x
im a fresher here doing forensic science :smile: so feel free to ask me any questions if you like! :biggrin:
Reply 68
Original post by Unununium
im a fresher here doing forensic science :smile: so feel free to ask me any questions if you like! :biggrin:

which accommodation would be the best to live in and how long is freshers week at lincoln.....
Reply 69
Original post by Claped

Ta x

I'm not sure if Lincoln is on the main line (East Coast network) to London but from the Uni it's about a half an hour drive to Newark station and the train from there takes a couple of hours at most to London. I think Lincoln Station, which isn't far from the Uni on foot, will be on the actual main line soon but if not you can probably take a couple of trains with changes from there. By car I'd say 3 to 4 hours maybe? I may be off, I've only driven down to London once and it was a long time ago, it's much easier to get the train.
Reply 70
Finally got my UCAS off today. Applied for Politics and Social Policy but I think Lincoln is going to be my insurance.
Original post by san300
which accommodation would be the best to live in and how long is freshers week at lincoln.....

I live in courts but ive heard that pavillions is the place to be :smile: its cheap and so much more modern that the student village! its a bit further to walk but that depends on personal preference :smile:

and freshers week is at the engine shed (on campus) for just 1 week, whilst inductions run throughout the week during the day, but all the clubs run special events for 2 weeks :smile:
Original post by Claped

Ta x

It is on the main line now, but the service is limited. It's about 3 hours from Lincoln Central as far as i'm aware. by car it could take about 4/5 hours
Reply 73
Just got an conditional offer for Lincoln for 300 points!
It's my first proper offer as apart from that I just have interviews :|
It's my 5th choice but I'm still buzzin'
EEEEEK :biggrin:
Reply 74
I live in courts but ive heard that pavillions is the place to be :smile: its cheap and so much more modern that the student village! its a bit further to walk but that depends on personal preference :smile:

and freshers week is at the engine shed (on campus) for just 1 week, whilst inductions run throughout the week during the day, but all the clubs run special events for 2 weeks :smile:

awww awesome thanks that help me a lot :biggrin:
Original post by san300
awww awesome thanks that help me a lot :biggrin:

no problem :smile: if you or anyone else has any other questions just ask :smile:
Reply 76
no problem :smile: if you or anyone else has any other questions just ask :smile:

ok will thanks....

does lincoln have a lot of bars and places to go shopping e.g. mall
Reply 77
Original post by san300
ok will thanks....

It has the Waterside centre in town which is a ten minute walk from the uni and has Primark, Topshop, New Look, Internacionale and some other random shops and it's on the high street anyway which has pretty much everything else. There's not a lot more you could want other than I think somebody mentioned there is now H&M or Zara. There are a lot of bars on the Brayford itself and in the uphill area of town too (:
Original post by san300
ok will thanks....

yeah lincolns nightlife is really buzzing :biggrin: they've just opened a new £3 million club which has 8 bars, 6 rooms over 3 floors :biggrin:

and yeah shopping is pretty decent 2, there are 2 shopping centres, waterside centre is right on the high street and they have an indoor market :smile: most of the classic high street shops are there and then there are some boutique shops up 'steep hill' which is up the hill towards the cathedral :smile:
Original post by san300
ok will thanks....

In addition to all that there's also St Marks shopping centre which is literally a 2min walk away!

Quick Reply

Latest