Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 781
Original post by ScottWillz
On-campus en-suite.

Ahh mine were off campus

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by daksh
what package is everyone getting for the freshers week?

The £29 one.. What about you?

Reply 783
Original post by Kay-Cooper

Wheres the link for this ?
Original post by shamwow
Wheres the link for this ?

http://lincolnfreshers.com/packages/

It's there hun! I posted it before, but I think my message got lost on the last page!
Reply 785
Original post by FalsettoSlumber
http://lincolnfreshers.com/packages/

It's there hun! I posted it before, but I think my message got lost on the last page!

Thanks
Reply 786
Getting the £29 one due to my financial situation :s-smilie:
Apparently the uni don't send out the accommodation listings for private halls until next week...

Personally, I'm not getting a package. It's better to just look through, see all of the ones you really want to go to, and order just a couple here and there. Take it from me, I've already had one fresher's week before, and you do need a break sometime in the week before you drop from exhaustion! Seriously, pick and choose a couple, and definitely go to all of the fresher's fayres! They're really useful, and definitely join plenty of societies! :smile:
Reply 789
Original post by FalsettoSlumber
I'd advise calling them up; the accommodation officer, Lesley, is really helpful, and may be able to sort something out so that you can pay the money when the loans come through! I had problems this year with my money going through on a direct debit, which made my payment about a week late without me even realising, but they didn't mind, and it got sorted out really quickly. Just call up and explain your circumstances, and say that you may be stopping there this year. They should be able to help, and suggest alternatives for payment, etc.

They're all human! They will be sympathetic, don't worry! It is really stupid, and a lot of the halls are the same! It can be a bit ridiculous, and a bit hectic, but it all gets sorted out in the end! Good luck, anyway! :smile:

aaah thanks a lot ill do that :smile: good to know they will be understanding :smile: i was just getting a bit worried that they were expecting me to pull nearly 2 Grand out of thin air :L
Original post by loulou111
aaah thanks a lot ill do that :smile: good to know they will be understanding :smile: i was just getting a bit worried that they were expecting me to pull nearly 2 Grand out of thin air :L

No worries! And don't get yourself all worked up; just be excited for uni! I'm having a second fresher year, since I transferred, and I think I'm as excited this year as I was last year, aha! But yeah, just give them a ring and just explain your financial circumstances! They'll be happy to help :smile:
Reply 791
feel freeto add me on facebook anyone :smile: http://www.facebook.com/martin.lindsay2?ref=tn_tnmn
Reply 792
Original post by mart356
feel freeto add me on facebook anyone :smile: http://www.facebook.com/martin.lindsay2?ref=tn_tnmn

linkedIn? :smile:
Reply 793
Original post by Kay-Cooper

I'm not sure yet hmmm.. :confused:
can't decide which one i want :s-smilie:
Reply 794
Original post by ThatJodie
I'll let you know when I get mine

Please! It looks like on campus have got their places. I only applied for one on campus. I just want to know so badly!

Also i swear i saw someone on here that said they had to pay deposit and the first instalment?!
Reply 795
Original post by daksh
I'm not sure yet hmmm.. :confused:
can't decide which one i want :s-smilie:

I think i'm going to get the £29 one too, still not sure though :/
Reply 796
Original post by Jamesy91
I think i'm going to get the £29 one too, still not sure though :/

Yeah exactly ! :s-smilie:
Let me know what you go with.. Hmm
Need to see the freshers guide we will get with the welcome pack "/

Reply 797
Original post by daksh
Yeah exactly ! :s-smilie:
Let me know what you go with.. Hmm
Need to see the freshers guide we will get with the welcome pack "/

Yeah same! I think i'd rather buy the £29 option then get more if i want to than to buy the more expensive ones and not end up going to them all :/
Reply 798
Original post by Jamesy91
Yeah same! I think i'd rather buy the £29 option then get more if i want to than to buy the more expensive ones and not end up going to them all :/

yeah thats true! Plus they have a week thats planned out for us where we have to attend stuff to do with our courses so we'll be dead from exhaustion during the day if we go to every single one.. so £29 looks good "/
Just so you guys all know, you can just buy tickets separately as well! So, if you just want to go to the Carnival and Propaganda, for instance, just buy those!! Don't buy a packaged if you don't want to go to all of the nights! Remember, there are other places in Lincoln that will be offering fresher's nights, such as Home and Tokyo! And sometimes, you may be too tired or homesick (don't deny it, guys) to want to go out on a night you have booked a ticket for through a package, which would be a waste of money.

Just some advice, really! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest