The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Angry cucumber
If 10-14 is average for a male, that's hilariously poor and is more a sad indictment on society than anything

Agreed. 30 over here :wink:
Original post by e aí rapaz
:no:

Like you said, Argos weights don't count.

Otherwise I trained for many years just to curl and shoulder press 12kg dumbbells.

I got into a conversation with a guy in the gym today about the first exercise programs we ever did. His was a planche pushup progression, mine was a program to help you dunk a basketball (he laughed), which I just looked up again.

So I trained at least a few months just to be good at "squat hops."
Original post by SmashConcept
I got into a conversation with a guy in the gym today about the first exercise programs we ever did. His was a planche pushup progression, mine was a program to help you dunk a basketball (he laughed), which I just looked up again.

So I trained at least a few months just to be good at "squat hops."

Lol.

"Thrust ups"

also known as jumping

How many of those can the average male do in one minute?
Original post by e aí rapaz
Lol.

"Thrust ups"

also known as jumping

How many of those can the average male do in one minute?

All I know is that if everyone in China does thrust ups at the same time everyone in North America does pushups we could literally catapult the Atlantic Ocean into space. Not that we would necessarily want to.
I’ve done it at 21 and my 17 yo friend did that too, we train a lot for strength in general. I thought it was not possible too.
Original post by Mike hawkhurts
I’ve done it at 21 and my 17 yo friend did that too, we train a lot for strength in general. I thought it was not possible too.

This post was old when it last got bumped in the mid 2010s lmao

Latest