The Student Room Group

When did your frame fill out?

Im quite tall (6'2) and have had a lot of growth in height over the years.
However, my upper body still has that childish look to it. My chest is not very broad like a grown man, my ribs are pretty narrow, which makes my hips look really wide.

When did your upper body grow wider, to look like a man?

Scroll to see replies

When I started lifting weights and put on 6 stone.
Reply 2
Original post by SEHughes
When I started lifting weights and put on 6 stone.

im talking about bone strucutre
Reply 3
No one can give you an exact answer as it is entirely down to your genetics, nothing else.
At 6"2 it's going to take a lot longer than someone who's a great deal smaller; but you'll look better in the long run.

Posted from TSR Mobile
what is filling out?
Post a photo. I bet there's nothing wrong with your bone structure, you're just thin and weak.
"filling out" basically means putting on either muscle or fat. In most peoples' cases, it's obviously fat. Bone structure will more or less remain the same
Reply 8
Post a photo. I bet there's nothing wrong with your bone structure, you're just thin and weak.

I have tiny wrists, a narrow ribcage and narrower clavicles than most people my age.

There are people who are weaker than me who look much stronger, because they have broader shoulders, a wider ribcage and a larger bone structure.
There's really not much you can do about bone structure and if you have a small frame, I'm sorry but that's just how it is. I'm sure most people would like to change at least one aspect of their bone structure. For the most part bar major accidents/malnutrition/no excercise as a child etc it's pretty much genetic
Original post by Doob
I have tiny wrists, a narrow ribcage and narrower clavicles than most people my age.

There are people who are weaker than me who look much stronger, because they have broader shoulders, a wider ribcage and a larger bone structure.

How do you know they are weaker than you? Seriously mate, let us give you some honest advice based on a photo. I bet you'll be reassured more than anything.

Remind us, what's your height and weight?
Reply 11
How do you know they are weaker than you? Seriously mate, let us give you some honest advice based on a photo. I bet you'll be reassured more than anything.

Remind us, what's your height and weight?

I can lift heavier than them...

Im 6'2 and 72KG
You're just skinny mate! I weigh 98kg at 6'0. How much do you lift?
Reply 13
You're just skinny mate! I weigh 98kg at 6'0. How much do you lift?

Urgh, ive explained too many times why im so weak and skinny in my posts in other threads.

Bench press: 48KG 5x5
Barbell row: 54KG 5x5
Military press: 43KG 5x5

I cant squat or deadlift yet.
You're making excuses because you're a skinny ****** who doesn't even lift lol

How can your military press only be 5kg less than your bench?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Why can't you squat or deadlift? Scoliosis? Broken ankles?

As for lifting heavier than bigger looking guys, I don't buy it. Your numbers are really low, or you're being dishonest about which lifts/rep ranges you're comparing.
(edited 9 years ago)
:frown: i am still not a man
But i boobed and assed at 12/13
Original post by Reps4Jesus
At 6"2 it's going to take a lot longer than someone who's a great deal smaller; but you'll look better in the long run.

Posted from TSR Mobile

dat broscience

where did u graduate mate? huehuehue
Reply 18
Anyone heard of "Genetics"? it's abundantly clear that despite his height, his general physique is petite. For someone who is genetically petite, it will takes YEARS of diet and training to bulk, not unless you want to pump yourself full of T, and destroy your body. It really is pointless asking what his work-out plan consists of because everyone is different in relation to building muscle.
Reply 19
Why can't you squat or deadlift? Scoliosis? Broken ankles?

As for lifting heavier than bigger looking guys, I don't buy it. Your numbers are really low, or you're being dishonest about which lifts/rep ranges you're comparing.

they arent 'big looking guys' , their frames are wider, but less filled out than mine

Quick Reply

Latest