The Student Room Group

Would these excercises be enough to maintain muscle mass?

So I'm at the point where I am at my ideal physique and just want to maintain from now on would these lifts be enough?

Bench press
Shoulder press
Pullups
Romanian deadlift
Squat
Rows
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 1
Exercises* I meant in title
all depends on how many reps and sets you plan on doing for each exercise. I would also add in something for your rear delts i.e. face pulls or dumbbell rear delt flys.
Original post by Agent456
So I'm at the point where I am at my ideal physique and just want to maintain from now on would these lifts be enough?

Bench press
Shoulder press
Pullups
Romanian deadlift
Squat
Rows

not got much for your arms or rear delts here. I would recommend doing at least one tricep movement otherwise you will see a decrease in your bench. Would also personally recommend deadlifts as they hit a lot of your body parts on a time crunch.
Original post by alexanderh0211
not got much for your arms or rear delts here. I would recommend doing at least one tricep movement otherwise you will see a decrease in your bench. Would also personally recommend deadlifts as they hit a lot of your body parts on a time crunch.

A lot of the pulling motions such as pullups and rows inadvertently target your arms, mainly your biceps anyway. You won't see a decrease in bench if you bench consistently and progressively overload. Take this from me, I'm a girl and I bench over 70kg twice a week and I do no tricep isolation exercises and never really have needed to. But I agree, a rear delt exercise is definitely needed, especially for stability in compound lifts.

Quick Reply

Latest