The Student Room Group

Secret Santa Ideas

So me and my flatmates are doing secret santa.. was my flatmate's idea.
But I've got NO idea what I should get for it?
We're all friends from last year but I'm not exactly very close to them and I'm so stuck for what to get. I don't want to be boring and just get a gift set or something. I want to do something quite nice, any ideas? :smile:
Reply 1
I tried to do secret santa too! But some people ended up leaving this little late or end up forgetting the idea. I went to John Lewis and bought stockings... Why JL...I don't know...there stockings were decorative....yet too expensive......... was rather bad idea but I was in a Christmas mood.

Moving on, I just put sweets and snow globe with a house inside, snowman too! and their name in! personalized and when they shake it, it snows! That's good enough budget for everyone to be honest. I had 7 flatmates..

I spent...£140 doing this. You probably might find a better idea. Just a thought... as everyone in the house took turns to do dinner :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by fourdigit
I tried to do secret santa too! But some people ended up leaving this little late or end up forgetting the idea. I went to John Lewis and bought stockings... Why JL...I don't know...there stockings were decorative....yet too expensive......... was rather bad idea but I was in a Christmas mood.

Moving on, I just put sweets and snow globe with a house inside, snowman too! and their name in! personalized and when they shake it, it snows! That's good enough budget for everyone to be honest. I had 7 flatmates..

I spent...£140 doing this. You probably might find a better idea. Just a thought... as everyone in the house took turns to do dinner :biggrin:

Yeah there's four of us and we're just doing one present each so it's not going to be too expensive. I have no idea about prices either, like are they expecting to spend £5 or £20 lol.
Original post by fourdigit

That actually sounds like a pretty good idea, I'd be happy if a friend gave me that! I'd probably do a slightly cheaper version though..... :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by BabyGirl92
Yeah there's four of us and we're just doing one present each so it's not going to be too expensive. I have no idea about prices either, like are they expecting to spend £5 or £20 lol.

Hmm £5 or £20 and four of you guys, I guess if you visit Clinton Cards, they sell these small miniature snow globes key rings with their name in too. If I'm correct, their £3.99 for one. For me, I carry my keys around, I think majority people who drive or open the front house door too. So I think that could be a nice small present to have.

As for stockings, like I said earlier, I bought JL stockings..not the cheap way of doing things but if you go elsewhere, e.g. stalls outside.. they'll be cheaper, simple stockings. Fabric may not be that superb but still does the trick. They're usually sell £5 for big ones but if you can a very small one, cute version of one, they sell for £1.

Heck, if you have red fabric materials, cotton wool and sewing skills and thread and needle. you can make a small stocking per person. Practically priceless :smile:

Original post by cantstop-x
That actually sounds like a pretty good idea, I'd be happy if a friend gave me that! I'd probably do a slightly cheaper version though..... :tongue:

Yes, please do a cheaper version :smile: I stretched my limit just a little. I also made a big christmas cracker too! I shall upload it when I can find it on my laptop.

:smile:

UPDATED: See attached file, just one of my creative ways to personalize gifts, insert my big christmas cracker, I wanted to put something special inside the cracker so it relates to the person and that person only. Nowadays you see christmas cracker with..... to me....jokes that are not funny...party hats (still a plus) :smile: or small toys.

To me, didn't really cut it... hence I took this route in only one time for christmas :smile: Plus it was nice to hear them open it during their christmas dinner and having it displaced on their table. So yeah, be creative, it's definitely do-able in a low budget. You can even have 4 flatmates pull this big cracker!! :biggrin: 2 on one end and something personalized inside for each to remember! :smile:

Hope this helps.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending