The Student Room Group

Would you rather get fluffy socks or a candle as part of a secret santa?

I'm part of a secret santa and I have one main kind of gift but want to add something else. I don't know whether a cute candle would be better or some fluffy socks or if none of them are what you'd want lol.
It's for a girl I don't know a lot about :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Fluffy socks!

Useful, practical and great for the feet!

Oluwatosin 3rd year student University of Huddersfield
Original post by Anonymous
I'm part of a secret santa and I have one main kind of gift but want to add something else. I don't know whether a cute candle would be better or some fluffy socks or if none of them are what you'd want lol.

Ohh good question, that is a tricky one! I'd have to go with a candle, only because I love how cosy they can make any room feel but fluffy socks are definitely more practical and will last longer! I also love getting some "fancy" flavoured tea because whilst I love it, I can't always bring myself to spend that money on tea! :u:
Fluffy socks every time. Not every one likes smelly things - everyone with feet wears socks
Reply 4
Fluffy socks all the time!. Candles are a bit rubbish unless they're the really expensive type, other wise they just gather dust.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hi buddy thanks for
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hi,

Love a Secret Santa - I would go with fluffy socks!

People have different opinions regarding smells something that smells lovely to you may not to them and fluffy socks are great especially when the weather is getting colder. Also if this girl is at university and lives in accommodation there is a strict rule where there are no candles allowed unfortunately; to get around this I use reed diffusers my room always smells lovely and there is no open flame!

Let us know what you get for Secret Santa,
Maddie, Second year Health and well-being student at De Montfort University
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by Anonymous

Spoiler

Original post by De Montfort University
Hi,

Love a Secret Santa - I would go with fluffy socks!

People have different opinions regarding smells something that smells lovely to you may not to them and fluffy socks are great especially when the weather is getting colder. Also if this girl is at university and lives in accommodation there is a strict rule where there are no candles allowed unfortunately; to get around this I use reed diffusers my room always smells lovely and there is no open flame!

Let us know what you get for Secret Santa,
Maddie, Second year Health and well-being student at De Montfort University

Good points Maddie :smile:
Flurry socks.

Candles are just too dangerous to the puppies who like to chew everything and inquisitive adults dogs I'm often looking after.
Fluffy socks are probably a better gift & are more practical. I've got a number of pairs of thick fluffy socks I wear during the winter & they really keep my feet & calves warm. For me I'm not even that bothered if I like the pattern on them since I'm normally wearing them under boots anyway.
I like scented candles as well but I'm a bit picky about which scents I go for. Also they're not really everyone's thing.
Fluffy socks any day
Reply 12
Neither. I am fussy about socks and would rather get my own.
Neither :talkhand:
Original post by The Grinch
Neither :talkhand:

Maybe some socks will warm up your Christmas spirit

:aetsch:
Original post by CamembertPaws
Good points Maddie :smile:

Thank you! 😁
Original post by Chronoscope
Maybe some socks will warm up your Christmas spirit

:aetsch:

Absolutely not :nn:
A candle :biggrin: I already have plenty of socks and candles have the benefit of being a consumable; they can happily exit your life once enjoyed and cease to take up space in your house!
Original post by CatusStarbright
A candle :biggrin: I already have plenty of socks and candles have the benefit of being a consumable; they can happily exit your life once enjoyed and cease to take up space in your house!

Wait the wax disappears?! :tongue:

Jokes aside I'd go fluffy socks you can never have too many socks!
Santa is not a secret :hmmm:

I'm very much real :beard:

Quick Reply

Latest