Whey aye man!

Love the place.

You?

Yep, I love it as well! The best uni I've seen :smile:
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Original post by Kbooth82
Hi, I've got an interview for Nursing at Surrey and was wondering what other people's experiences were and also any help/ recommendations for a current health topic to revise! Really want to get in so any advice will be gratefully received, thank you!,

Good luck to all with interviews and those waiting to hear back from uni's

Hey, I had my interview at Surrey in November and receieved an offer the very next day!
The tests were fairly straight forward and the interview was really relaxed, they just want to know more about you and why you want to go into nursing :smile: the NHS cuts is a good relevant topic. If you have anymore questions, I'm happy to help :smile:
Reply 102
Thank you, I'm sure I'm worrying too much, may be its because my interviews on Friday 13 th I'm paranoid it's going to go horribly wrong! :s-smilie:
Original post by Kbooth82
Thank you, I'm sure I'm worrying too much, may be its because my interviews on Friday 13 th I'm paranoid it's going to go horribly wrong! :s-smilie:

What nursing are you applying for? You'll be fine :smile:
Reply 104
Adult nursing?

Thanks
Original post by Just Josh
hey there! I went to the UCAS day a couple of weeks ago so i'll tell you a little about it! You get put in a room at the start for an hour or so and given a talk about the courses and placement year. Then you go and have a free lunch and the restraunt which was pretty good food and then a tour of the campus and accommodation. It's really lovely if you haven't visited before. Are you international? Then you get given an interview which could be anything really. My guy asked me stuff like 'what do you think of the eurozone crisis? because i did A level economics and he asked me about how we avoid danger - through experience or evolution. He also gave me a logic question. Sounds nasty but it was alright and the department and university are great and it's nothing to be worried about! Best of luck and hope to see you next september. any more questions about the day just ask :biggrin:

Ahh Thanks, the open day was exactly just like how you described it =D The campus looks great and had a lovely tour with the current 3rd year (I think) students :smile: Had a £5.50 blue ticket voucher for lunch, I had to pay an extra 50P for a oasis drink lol but it was quite nice :smile: There wasn't really much for to ask during the tour since they pretty much answered them as we went along lol
My interview went alright, when the logic questions came...I didn't do very well since my mind went blank at that stage lol But either way, I got a Conditional Offer from them! =D Woop! =D

And Nah, I'm a UK student, lived here for about 13 years :smile:
Hey all,

Anyone else got an interview on Wednesday? I'm pretty nervous :/ I've had to travel down and stay overnight, so I hope I can fit everything into a rucksack cos I think I'll look a little bit weird pulling around a suitcase :3
Reply 107
Original post by Catherine:)

[QUOTE=Catherine[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];35607728]What nursing are you applying for? You'll be fine :smile:

Hi, I've applied for Adult nursing too :smile:. I'm an access student and my tutor only sent off my application on 21st December... How long did it take for you both to hear back? what courses have you both done?/doing?
Good luck for the interview!
Original post by CMarie
Hi, I've applied for Adult nursing too :smile:. I'm an access student and my tutor only sent off my application on 21st December... How long did it take for you both to hear back? what courses have you both done?/doing?
Good luck for the interview!

Hey :smile: ah cool ok. I've applied for mental health nursing and I'm currently doing 3 A levels (psychology, sociology and English language).
I got an invite for the selection day about 3 weeks after I sent my application off and I received an conditional offer the day after my selection day :smile:
What courses are you doing/have done?
Reply 109
Ah yey well done :smile:
Is surrey your first choice? thats a quick response.
I loved surrey when i went to see it.

What was the selection day like? what questions did they ask you in the interview?

Im doing an access course, its one year and covers biology, sociology, politics, psychology, health studies and a little maths and english. I finnished a-levels 5 years ago but lets just say...i wasnt ready! lol Access course going a lot better.
Original post by knbdxb13794
Offer for Film Studies ABB :smile:

Congratulations!! When did you send your application out?
I sent mine out on 13 December and still haven't receive any decision... :s-smilie:
Reply 111
I've applied for Microbiology, I have got an interview on the 25th Jan, I'm so nervous :s
Can't decide whether I'd rather go to Surrey or Northumbria. My only problem with Surrey is with how quiet it looks compared to Northumbria which is in the centre of a city.
Reply 113
Original post by KingGoonIan
Can't decide whether I'd rather go to Surrey or Northumbria. My only problem with Surrey is with how quiet it looks compared to Northumbria which is in the centre of a city.

if you got any questions you want to PM me about surrey ill give you a unbiased answer. This forum helped me make my choice to go surrey and its only fair i return the favour to people.

Choosing a uni is a big decision that you kinda have to lock into for 3+ years so ask away as it will help you make a better decision.

Oh and i do Biomedical science, so if anyone has any questions about that/micro/biochem/nutrition they are all basically the same in the first year so i can answer pretty well!
(edited 12 years ago)
I applied on Saturday for two courses at Surrey (business management and business management with spanish). I know it was just before the deadline, but I applied through my school, which was quite slow). I'm doing IB (Italian A1, English, Math, Biology, Spanish and Economic Geography) and I really hope I'm gonna get an offer. So scared about the interview tho :/ did anyone apply to business management?
Original post by suzukomochizuki

Original post by suzukomochizuki
Congratulations!! When did you send your application out?
I sent mine out on 13 December and still haven't receive any decision... :s-smilie:

Hey, I applied on the 16th of November and got my offer on the 16th of December :smile: - So don't worry and remember that, there was a holiday so they'll have taken a break and also Jan 15th has passed so more apps will have gone in than before these last weeks! :smile: Don't fret, and lots of luck!
Reply 116
I've got a conditional offer from them for Criminology and Sociology. I've got my UCAS day on the 22nd of February. Was just wondering if anyone else from the course was on here :smile:
Can't remember if I've said this already.. I'm going to the Music UCAS day next Wednesday (25th January) - wonder if I'll see anybody else there :smile: quite excited actually! I loved Surrey when I visited last summer, but I didn't want to get too attached as I didn't know if I'd get an offer - now I have one, I guess I can think what I like! Fingers crossed it'll turn out as where I want to be :biggrin:
Reply 118
Has anyone received psychology offers from them yet? I applied back in October, and as of today I am just waiting for Surrey to come back. I am guessing they have waited until UCAS closed, just wish they would hurry up now, so I can make my choice!
Reply 119
Original post by KeelyEverywhere
I applied on Saturday for two courses at Surrey (business management and business management with spanish). I know it was just before the deadline, but I applied through my school, which was quite slow). I'm doing IB (Italian A1, English, Math, Biology, Spanish and Economic Geography) and I really hope I'm gonna get an offer. So scared about the interview tho :/ did anyone apply to business management?

Hi.. Yea I applied for their Business Management course and recieved an offer yesterday. Need to get DDD in my BTEC. I sent my application over a month a go, so it could take a while to get back to you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending