The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Dundee Applicants 2012!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Hi :smile: !
I have applied for Geography at Dundee and firmed it yesterday!
Has anyone else applied for geography ?
Also how long does it normally take to get a firm email from them, so I can apply for accommodation ?
So excited to start :biggrin:
xx
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 621
Original post by Vesselina
Is there someone who is still waiting for a reply for Architecture? :smile:

Yes, me, and I'm getting slightly worried. As you're not from UK either, did you have an interview or just a portfolio?
Original post by Alice.
I've applied for Geography - L700 :smile:

I've applied for Geography too, have you firmed Dundee :smile: ?
I applied for MA Psychology and German, on the "waiting list" for a place as the course is full, but it's my first choice so I'm having to hold off all my other offers until next week when they said I'd hear back.

Anyone else in a similar position?
Reply 624
Original post by RosalindWildman
I applied for MA Psychology and German, on the "waiting list" for a place as the course is full, but it's my first choice so I'm having to hold off all my other offers until next week when they said I'd hear back.

Anyone else in a similar position?

Hey, I would be studying german as part of my degree at dundee too (if i firm it) :biggrin: Do you know anything about the year abroad?
Reply 625
Original post by suzanneyoung
Hi :smile: !
I have applied for Geography at Dundee and firmed it yesterday!
Has anyone else applied for geography ?
Also how long does it normally take to get a firm email from them, so I can apply for accommodation ?
So excited to start :biggrin:
xx

I firmed Dundee on Sunday and got the mail on Monday, pretty fast service. But there has been nothing in regard do accommodation, seems to be another mail I'm now waiting for.
Original post by Sir Fox
I firmed Dundee on Sunday and got the mail on Monday, pretty fast service. But there has been nothing in regard do accommodation, seems to be another mail I'm now waiting for.

Ah ok thank you :smile:
I am just waiting for mine now! Hopefully it will be here soon.
I hope it comes soon for you so you can apply!
what are you thinking accommodation wise ?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 627
I've applied for Geography too, have you firmed Dundee :smile: ?

No I firmed Newcastle in the middle of March :smile: Sorry!
Original post by Alice.
No I firmed Newcastle in the middle of March :smile: Sorry!

Ah I applied to Newcastle as well
But, I live in Newcastle already and wanted to move away to experience something new :smile:
Good luck though,Newcastle is sooooo good :smile: !!
Reply 629
Original post by merirosmo
Yes, me, and I'm getting slightly worried. As you're not from UK either, did you have an interview or just a portfolio?

Hi, :smile: no, I haven't attened an interview, I only sent them my portfolio in FEBRUARY and I'm waiting since then :s-smilie: Hope they get back to us soon! :redface:
Reply 630
Has anyone picked their preferred halls yet? I just got my E mail today :biggrin:
Reply 631
Is anyone in Belmont tower, I'm on the ninth floor.
Reply 632
Original post by Rachel637
Is anyone in Belmont tower, I'm on the ninth floor.

Did you choose it? :eek: It seems to be the ugliest of the residences, so it came to my mind that you might not have chosen it ...
Original post by Eoghan523
Has anyone picked their preferred halls yet? I just got my E mail today :biggrin:

how long after firming Dundee did you get an email to apply for accommodation ?
Reply 634
Original post by Sir Fox
Did you choose it? :eek: It seems to be the ugliest of the residences, so it came to my mind that you might not have chosen it ...

It was my 2nd choice because I wanted a premier room. I don't really mind. Once I'm in the building it won't be blocking my view.
Reply 635
Got an offer for Belmont flats! Super excited anyone else here got one for Belmont flats?
Reply 636
Dundee tops THE Student Experience Survey as fees put focus on 'value for money'

"The University of Dundee offers the best student experience, according to the latest Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey. The Scottish institution rose from fifth position in 2010 to take first place from long-time champion Loughborough University by the narrowest of margins. Loughborough - which continues a strong showing in second place - had held the top spot for five years.

This year's Student Experience Survey, conducted by market research firm YouthSight, gathered the views of more than 14,000 UK undergraduate students - the largest number to have been polled in the survey to date. Students rated their institution's performance in 21 categories that matter most to them, from the quality of staff and lectures to social life and accommodation.

The overall results show that, despite some jostling for position, the universities in the top 10 remain unchanged from 2010. The sector's average student experience score showed a slight improvement, as it has every year since 2008. However, the picture may change next year with the introduction of higher tuition fees this autumn, which is expected to lead to more competition between institutions and an increase in student expectations.

Dundee, which is not affiliated to any mission group, excelled in respect of its centralised and convenient facilities, cheap shops, students' union and fair workload. It is a "really great story", says vice-chancellor Pete Downes, adding that the institution has climbed steadily over the past few years and has no intention of slipping. Key contributing elements, he believes, are a recent £200 million investment in the campus, targeting improvements in student accommodation, library and sporting facilities; an inclusive and improved governance structure to give students a strong mechanism for raising issues; and a supportive town-and-gown relationship nurtured through partnerships between the university, student representatives and the city council that makes Dundee as a whole "very welcoming" for students.

The University of Sheffield took third place followed by the universities of Oxford and Cambridge; all three are members of the Russell Group of large research-intensive institutions. Ten post-1992 universities were in the top 40 in 2011, up from six in 2010. Highest scoring was Teesside University in joint 15th place, up from 31st last year."

Doesn't seem too discouraging :biggrin:
Reply 637
Original post by Rachel637
It was my 2nd choice because I wanted a premier room. I don't really mind. Once I'm in the building it won't be blocking my view.

That's, of cause, true. The tower's rooms seem to be as modern as those in other halls, plus if you are up high you will have a nice view over the campus and city :smile: I think I'm just too much influenced by aesthetics :biggrin:
Reply 638
how long after firming Dundee did you get an email to apply for accommodation ?

Like a month after, i was kinda worrying, alls good now :biggrin:
Reply 639
Original post by Maddiee
Got an offer for Belmont flats! Super excited anyone else here got one for Belmont flats?

How long did you have to wait after your email to get an offer? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending