The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FlavaFavourFruit
When I did it, I had to complete a numeracy test(basic maths), watch a DVD on customer service and a personal questionnaire.
I then had a 1-1 interview, I got asked 2 questions(the same questions I was asked in the telephone interview :rofl:) and then he went through my uniform sizes and rights to work in uk etc.

So I can assume, on passing those two questions I have the job? I got this :biggrin:

Thanks!
Original post by Jetblast
So I can assume, on passing those two questions I have the job? I got this :biggrin:

Thanks!

Well you gotta pass the DVD assessment too but yeah honestly, it isn't that difficult!
Hey guys i've been called for an induction Wednesday and Thursday 5pm - 9PM and Saturday 8am to 4pm - I checked online and everyone else is saying their induction is normally 9am-5pm so did the guy just tell me wrong or? Shall i phone in to reconfirm, and if so what shall i say? Cheers.
Reply 7983
Original post by Redster11
Hey guys i've been called for an induction Wednesday and Thursday 5pm - 9PM and Saturday 8am to 4pm - I checked online and everyone else is saying their induction is normally 9am-5pm so did the guy just tell me wrong or? Shall i phone in to reconfirm, and if so what shall i say? Cheers.

You could call to confirm again. But maybe they are a different store? Equally the store (especially if its a superstore) could be holding multiple inductions across the whole week and yours is on a different day to the other people?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hmm thanks, i'll just call up because up to 9pm seems wrong.
Just rang it is indeed 5pm till 9pm for 2 days, and then 8am till 4pm for Saturday. Any idea what i'll be doing on these days?
So I just got an email from Sainsbury saying I didn't get the job :frown:
Bah and I thought my interview went pretty well too.
Original post by shaysonic
So I just got an email from Sainsbury saying I didn't get the job :frown:
Bah and I thought my interview went pretty well too.

Thing with Sainsbury's is that it mostly based on the test, so if you pass that then they look at interviewer's notes, if not then they reject you :frown:
Thing with Sainsbury's is that it mostly based on the test, so if you pass that then they look at interviewer's notes, if not then they reject you :frown:

I thought I did pretty well on that but you never know I guess.

Oh well I'll try at other stores and see what happens.
Reply 7989
What is it like being a Customer Service assistant -just got this role!

Is it mainly checkout?
Yeah mainly checkout, because that's what the manager told me at the interview.

One question though i have 16 hours induction, will i be piad 16 * 6.71 for all the induction hours or do they only pay you for first 2 hours etc?
Yeah mainly checkout, because that's what the manager told me at the interview.

One question though i have 16 hours induction, will i be piad 16 * 6.71 for all the induction hours or do they only pay you for first 2 hours etc?

They won't pay you for your lunch break I think.
I won't have lunch break on Wednesday and Thursday since it's 5 to 9pm (Will i be only one doing it at this time?) - So anyone that has worked their before answer my question please? Cheers.
Reply 7993
Hello guys! I have my second step of recruitment tomorrow: the interview.
I applied for General Assistant in a Night-shift and I would like to know some stuffs that I'm sure have been replied around here but I cannot find them.

I would like if someone could help me answering the typical questions they use to ask, like:
- Why you think you would fit in our team?
- Why did you choose Sainsbury instead of the competitors?
- What do you think you will do in your job (GENERAL ASSISTANT) [I do not really what a GA does, so if someone could tell me that would be so nice]
- Why do you want this job?
- What can you bring to the job?

I do not want someone to answer those questions for me but just give me some tips so I can manage to get it well done when I'm face-to-face

In addition, I would like to know if wearing some black trousers and black shoes with a shirt would be enough smart/casual for them.

Any other general tips would work aswell!

Thanks a lot!
I won't have lunch break on Wednesday and Thursday since it's 5 to 9pm (Will i be only one doing it at this time?) - So anyone that has worked their before answer my question please? Cheers.

You will have a lunch break, how can they expect you to do an induction without a break :rolleyes:
Lol no idea, but i don't need a break in 4 hours do i :P? - Bit short time to be having breaks.
Lol no idea, but i don't need a break in 4 hours do i :P? - Bit short time to be having breaks.

Technically you shouldn't get a break on a 5-9 induction but during mine we had breaks all the time. You can drink during some of your induction anyway so don't worry too much.

As far as induction times go stores are all completely random, I've seen some stores have 2hr inductions for the first day (I assume it's just sorting paperwork)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7997
Could someone help a bitt?
Original post by jo90

- Why you think you would fit in our team?

Say that you get on well with a wide range of people, enjoy having a laugh and working as part of a team etc.

- Why did you choose Sainsbury instead of the competitors?

Maybe talk about their values or how they get involved with charities.

- What do you think you will do in your job (GENERAL ASSISTANT) [I do not really what a GA does, so if someone could tell me that would be so nice]

Shelf stacking and helping customers.

- Why do you want this job?

Experience, opportunities to build on skills, meet new people etc.

- What can you bring to the job?

Tea and cakes! :P I would talk about your qualities here, punctuality, enthusiasm, willingness to multi task.

Thanks a lot!

I had an interview today (my second as I have returned to working for Sainsbury's following a brief hiatus) and they are never as taxing as this. By all means be prepared but don't get yourself too worked up. They won't ask you too much as there is a lot to get through and they may have numerous people to see. Today I did the test straight away, then the lady asked me to tell her a bit about myself and then it was straight onto the technical details of uniform size and the legal stuff.

Good luck! :smile:
So it's just signing the contract? Mine is just a temporary contract and the manager was really nice, she told me that they might give me a permanent one at the end, which would be great.

Latest

Trending

Trending