The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

University of Glasgow Student - Q&A

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Hi :smile:

Is here anyone doing Film & Television Studies who could tell me something about this course?
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Original post by greymoon
Hi :smile:

Is here anyone doing Film & Television Studies who could tell me something about this course?

Hi there,

There's a resource for getting in touch with current students at the University of Glasgow. Have a look at the Student Network:

http://www.gla.ac.uk/studentlife/studentnetwork/

In the "meet our students" page you will see that there are a couple of people who are currently studying Film & Television Studies. Hopefully they will be able to help you with any questions you have.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Charlottek12
Hello, i've been reading through some of these just to get more information and seem to be hearing a lot about unconditional offers, are these only given to students studying Scottish Highers or are they also offered to A Level students?

Hi there,

Unconditional offers would only be given to A-Level students - post results.

The entry requirements at A-Level for many courses at the University of Glasgow start at ABB. For very competitive courses the entry requirements are, as you would expect, higher.

While there are no cast-iron guarantees, if you chose to apply to the University of Glasgow, you are likely to receive a conditional offer at ABB or above.
Reply 83
Hello,

I was wondering about seminars, the first semester they started on week 2, it will be the same for the second semester?
I'm talking about first year and I'm in the College of Arts.

Thank you.
Reply 84
Hi!
I am not sure that I've understood what you study for a science degree.
I have applied for Physiology/Physchology, but will I be enrolled for science or for these two subjects?
Of the three subjects that I will be studying next year, two will be phisiology and psychology, and the other one?
Thanks!
Reply 85
Hi! I've applied to University of Glasgow for Veterinary Science and I'd like to know more about the veterinary department at your university like its facilities, research, history etc. I appreciate the help a lot thank you! :biggrin:
Original post by Mr Burns
Hi! I've applied to University of Glasgow for Veterinary Science and I'd like to know more about the veterinary department at your university like its facilities, research, history etc. I appreciate the help a lot thank you! :biggrin:

Your first port of call should be the Vet School webpage - http://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/vet/. There you will find links to everything you need to know about the school, the staff, the courses, the facilities and more.

Good luck.

UK Recruitment team
Original post by Giuliauk
Hi!
I am not sure that I've understood what you study for a science degree.
I have applied for Physiology/Physchology, but will I be enrolled for science or for these two subjects?
Of the three subjects that I will be studying next year, two will be phisiology and psychology, and the other one?
Thanks!

If you are studying Psychology/Physiology as a joint honours course (BC18) then this a Bachelor of Science course. In first year you will study General Biology, Psychology and Chemistry (or Science Fundamentals if you haven't studied Chem before). In second year you will concentrate on Psychology and Human Biology which will include other aspects of physiology, neuroscience etc. Third/Fourth year are the honours years and you will study Psychology/Physiology as joint honours.

Good luck.

UK Recruitment Team
Original post by Freezah
Hi, what are the entry requirements for Czech students (Maturita exam)? Do different degrees have different requirements?

Thanks!

If you go to the university website - http://www.gla.ac.uk/ - and type "Maturita exam" in the search box at the top of the page, you will find links to pdfs that list European entry requirements. Hopefully these will help you.

There is also an e-mail contact for every degree programme. On the home-page you will see a link to all the undergraduate degree programmes (listed A-Z). Once you go to your programme of interest, you will see on the right hand side of the page a link - "School of....". Click on this and then at the very bottom of the page there is an e-mail address for your particular enquiry.

Good luck.

UK Recruitment Team
Original post by Jeff19
Hello,

I was wondering about seminars, the first semester they started on week 2, it will be the same for the second semester?
I'm talking about first year and I'm in the College of Arts.

Thank you.

I am sure that the main office in the College of Arts will be able to answer your question.

College of Arts Office, Room 203
6 University Gardens
Glasgow, G12 8QH, Scotland

email: [email protected]
general enquiries: +44 (0) 141 330 7515
Original post by Elisabetta26
I would like to apply for compsci - my predictions are AAA. Will it effect my chances of getting an offer if I apply for a masters degree instead of bachelors? Both Msci and Bsc have same minimum entry requirements of ABB.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

After waiting all this time (apologies), it's a very short answer - No, it will not affect your chances.

Good luck.

UK Recruitment Team
Reply 91
I've read that you are only guaranteed accommodation if you put Glasgow as your firm. As I have a disability, the accommodation I need would be very narrow- I think only one place at Glasgow is fully suitable. If I put the university as my insurance, would I be better off in private accommodation as it's unlikely I would get those halls?
Hi,
I have an interview at Glasgow University in early December. I will be arriving by train but as the information on the Glasgow website instructs to get to either Charing Cross or Glasgow Central, I was wondering which would be best (I'm coming from the Midlands, England). Also, once I have reached the train station, I have quite a bit of time before my interview so I was wondering if the distance from whichever train station to University Place/University Avenue is walkable?

Many thanks in advance!
Original post by AspiringDoctor
Hi,
I have an interview at Glasgow University in early December. I will be arriving by train but as the information on the Glasgow website instructs to get to either Charing Cross or Glasgow Central, I was wondering which would be best (I'm coming from the Midlands, England). Also, once I have reached the train station, I have quite a bit of time before my interview so I was wondering if the distance from whichever train station to University Place/University Avenue is walkable?

Many thanks in advance!

If you take train to Glasgow Queen Street and then take tube to Hill Head station that would be close. From Hill Head its just about 5 minutest walk to the main building
Original post by olympus123456
If you take train to Glasgow Queen Street and then take tube to Hill Head station that would be close. From Hill Head its just about 5 minutest walk to the main building

Hey, cheers for the speedy reply! That sounds great - I was wondering if arriving at Glasgow Central and then walking to St Enoch's and then getting the tube to Hillhead would be okay too?
(edited 11 years ago)
Hey, cheers for the speedy reply! That sounds great - I was wondering if arriving at Glasgow Central and then walking to St Enoch's and then getting the tube to Hillhead would be okay too?

I am not sure if St.Enoch subway has tube that goes to Hill Head. But if u walk to Buchanan subway station (@ St. George's Tron Church) then you can easily catch one to Hill Head.
I am not sure if St.Enoch subway has tube that goes to Hill Head. But if u walk to Buchanan subway station (@ St. George's Tron Church) then you can easily catch one to Hill Head.

Thank you!! :biggrin:

Thank you!! :biggrin:

You can get a tube to Hillhead from St. Enoch as well :smile:
Original post by liesels
I've read that you are only guaranteed accommodation if you put Glasgow as your firm. As I have a disability, the accommodation I need would be very narrow- I think only one place at Glasgow is fully suitable. If I put the university as my insurance, would I be better off in private accommodation as it's unlikely I would get those halls?

First of all, thanks for your e-mail.

There is a wide range of accommodation available at the University, but without knowledge of your disability, I am not sure what the specific requirement is. The Disability Service - www.gla.ac.uk/disability - will be able to deal with your enquiry.

With best regards,

UK Recruitment Team.
Original post by ForgettingWhatsername
You can get a tube to Hillhead from St. Enoch as well :smile:

Cheers :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending