The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

University of the Arts - London 2012 Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by danigg
Hello (:
Oh right, have you had a review or anything for that one?
oh your not that far away from london by train then.
yeah halls - don't have a clue as to which i'd choose though, are you?
oh haha no its just my first name dani with my middle and surname intials.

ermm a review?what do u mean?at the interview?
it was review then little interview thing
yeh...but an hr on the train everyday doesn't sound to great to me :s
erm im going to put my first choice as the new bbc building..only problem is they havent put prices up yet because it's brand new....looks like an ikea room aha....but it's only 5 mins away...and it's all amazing and new!plus every other halls is half an hr away minimum ..so it's a massive difference!..you can't apply for it till april...so i'd reccomend submitting your application...at about 1 past the time u can aha.......wow i sound like a computer helpline :s and ohhh i seee....never know these days!didn't want to ask what your name was incase that was it aha...people have some interesting names!
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
BA Advertising!
excited to start but still need to deal with finance and accommodation
Reply 182
Original post by msmith182
ermm a review?what do u mean?at the interview?
it was review then little interview thing
yeh...but an hr on the train everyday doesn't sound to great to me :s
erm im going to put my first choice as the new bbc building..only problem is they havent put prices up yet because it's brand new....looks like an ikea room aha....but it's only 5 mins away...and it's all amazing and new!plus every other halls is half an hr away minimum ..so it's a massive difference!..you can't apply for it till april...so i'd reccomend submitting your application...at about 1 past the time u can aha.......wow i sound like a computer helpline :s and ohhh i seee....never know these days!didn't want to ask what your name was incase that was it aha...people have some interesting names!

yeah sorry interview...oh right. i was thinking of that one too but i hadn't looked into how far away they all were... ugh i bet that one will be expensive though! haha yeah i want to be able to have my first choice and that. hahah yeah they do.
Reply 183
Original post by danigg
yeah sorry interview...oh right. i was thinking of that one too but i hadn't looked into how far away they all were... ugh i bet that one will be expensive though! haha yeah i want to be able to have my first choice and that. hahah yeah they do.

yeh...but if it's a little more expensive it should even out on travel :biggrin:
with halls..i don't think it's really about there condition or how big it is...it's all to do with the location
plus lime grove is so out of the way of the main centrall part....so paying extra to be in the central part is so stupid when the campus is so farrr hmmmm it stresses me out so much :s
Reply 184
yeh...but if it's a little more expensive it should even out on travel :biggrin:
with halls..i don't think it's really about there condition or how big it is...it's all to do with the location
plus lime grove is so out of the way of the main centrall part....so paying extra to be in the central part is so stupid when the campus is so farrr hmmmm it stresses me out so much :s

yeah true. ugh i know i wish it was nearer the other campuses instead of out of the way, and i wish that this halls was a few tube stops nearer central rather than even further out ):
Reply 185
Original post by danigg
yeah true. ugh i know i wish it was nearer the other campuses instead of out of the way, and i wish that this halls was a few tube stops nearer central rather than even further out ):

same,it kind of defeats the whole point of living in London
hopefully it will be a little bit cheaper though :smile:
Reply 186
same,it kind of defeats the whole point of living in London
hopefully it will be a little bit cheaper though :smile:

ha i know, oh well atleast it's on the central line i suppose.
Hi just wondering if anyone's applied to Lcf for marketing and promotion? My friend and I applied and haven't heard anything about interviews!!! Bit worried seeing as other courses seem to have had all their interviews lol, has anyone else applied for marketing and promotion and heard anything?! Thanks x
Reply 188
Has anyone recieved a reply from CCW since the portfolio review day (Foundation) I was the first batch of interviews and I have waited for 3 weeks, my friend also had the same day as me but no news yet.
Original post by g.yau
Has anyone recieved a reply from CCW since the portfolio review day (Foundation) I was the first batch of interviews and I have waited for 3 weeks, my friend also had the same day as me but no news yet.

i had the first time slot on the first day of the portfolio reviews and still haven't heard back haha! i'm not sure what their system is but they're still going on until early march, so they might be waiting to see everyone's work before they send out offers. on the day, they said we'll hear by the 24th of march. but the wait is agonising isn't it?
Any BA fashion students heard anything from CSM yet?
Reply 191
Original post by KED
I get a monthly bus pass on my oyster card (18+ student discount of 30%) which costs £50.40 - I get a lot of use out of it. A single bus journey with your Oyster card costs £1.35, theres a price cap for buses of £4.20, so you dont go above that no matter how many journeys you make, though its generally just one bus journey from Camberwell to everywhere.

Its miles cheaper than a travelcard that lets you use the tube - I only ever use the tube when I have absolutely no other choice.

Im dreading getting a rejection from Camberwell, I'll be gutted but am trying to psych myself up for the worst (my theory is, it will make the disapointment less and if I get in, it'll be even sweeter :s-smilie:)

I just got a rejection from Goldsmiths so looks like I'm definitely going to camberwell. Have you heard anything back yet?
Reply 192
Original post by Pablo-Jen
chelsea college of art - BA textiles
haven't sent off my ucas yet tho! anyone else doing textiles, where are you applying?

hey :smile: i got my interview for the 13th of march ...heard anything yet?
Reply 193
Original post by swade13
I just got a rejection from Goldsmiths so looks like I'm definitely going to camberwell. Have you heard anything back yet?

Nope not a word :s-smilie: - sorry about goldsmiths (I was upset about my rejection from Goldsmiths but when I thought about it realised I dont think Id really fit in anyway so prob for the best!)

Waiting is agonising!
hey :smile: i got my interview for the 13th of march ...heard anything yet?

when did you get your interview date? i've not heard anything yet :frown:
I applied for and got accepted to Camberwell for Illustration. I am a student from NYC, moving to London will be a big jump for me. I was hoping if some of you have time could you help me out with some things such as what resident halls would be the best to live in... etc. Please pm me or reply back if anyone is willing to help, id appreciate it.
Reply 196
Original post by KED
Nope not a word :s-smilie: - sorry about goldsmiths (I was upset about my rejection from Goldsmiths but when I thought about it realised I dont think Id really fit in anyway so prob for the best!)

Waiting is agonising!

Ah thanks, I'm honestly kind of glad because it means camberwell is a firm choice now and I loved camberwell when i went so its a good thing :smile:
If it helps you the guy who interviewed me said that officially on ucas it will change around the 16th march in terms of the outcome of our interviews, which is still quite a long wait really :/
Reply 197
Original post by artyfarty22
Any BA fashion students heard anything from CSM yet?

I personally haven't heard anything yet, and all the people i have spoken to that have heard something got rejections. So im hoping its a no news is good news situation x
Reply 198
Original post by antipathyx
when did you get your interview date? i've not heard anything yet :frown:

hey dont worry!you know how slow chelsea are!ITS RIDICULOUS!
and it's the portfolio review thing..so might not even get an interview!
x
Reply 199
Original post by Kaytee-ox
I personally haven't heard anything yet, and all the people i have spoken to that have heard something got rejections. So im hoping its a no news is good news situation x

Same here, i've only heard of two people getting rejections so far.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending