The Student Room Group

What are your favourite clothes brands?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Topman and H&M are great for generics, say if I just needed a plain white T on the bottom layer or a white smart-casual shirt. Topman Jeans are winners though.

For good print T's I came across Ames Bros sometime in 2009 and haven't found anything better tbh, £25 a pop but I've had some of mine for 2 years and still wear them. Quality stuff. They're designed by one of the guys in Pearl Jam.

www.justanother.co.uk Search for them on there, really recommend them.

I cannot stand A&F or Hollister, it's so bland, just can't stand that fossilized dead horse that is the surfer dude brand image. It doesn't work in this country anyway; the Hollister store I saw in USA a few years ago was actually much better and half as expensive. It's just tripe over here.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 21
*cough*..brand whores..

Whatever really, if it looks good and is good quality or interesting.
Nice website above poster btw :smile:
a fan of ames bros stuff too, chunk and similar. Big fan of interesting quirky tees, not bothered about brand but tend to steer away from places like topman for this as whenever I've bought a tee from there I see someone else wearing not long after!
Anyone into the whole obey/dephect etc scene? Lots of mates seem to be now.
As far as designer brands go, I actually quite like diesel. Not for the label but I've had a fair few sale bargains from them in the past and good in terms of quality and fit for me. Certain zara stores have some cool stuff too, found them very hit and miss though across stores.
Reply 22
Original post by MightyMe.

Nice website above poster btw :smile:
a fan of ames bros stuff too, chunk and similar. Big fan of interesting quirky tees, not bothered about brand but tend to steer away from places like topman for this as whenever I've bought a tee from there I see someone else wearing not long after!
Anyone into the whole obey/dephect etc scene? Lots of mates seem to be now..

Yeah I posted the website, there's a few good names on there.

Ames bros is definitely my favourite but Ichiban, Dephect and seventyseven are good too, most of my T-shirts are one of those. Print T's are done by everyone now but the Topman and A&F etc ones are just boring and absolutely everyone has atleast one of them. Jeans are really good in topman though.
(edited 12 years ago)
Atticus, burton, asos / whatever is cheap and looks good. Can't say that I wouldn't like to shop in BOSS mind.
Reply 24
Probably Zara. Reasonably priced and looks good :yy:
Oh, and the answer the OP, I don't really have favourite brands, I often shop vintage to mix it up, but just off the top of my head I like Matthew Williamson dresses, Bottega, Michael Kors, Karen Millen, Reiss, DVF, and Diesel (for jeans). As for the rest, I really don't buy brand name, especially for t-shirts, tank tops, belts and other generic pieces. Again, it's great to have a nice mix.
Reply 26
It's funny when people argue on the internet :smile:
Primark... Does that count??? Cant afford anythin fancy...
Reply 28
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
Holliser for T's/Hoodies. Jeans/boots/coats/Leather jacket's from Allsaints.

All Saints!! my wardrobe is probably made up of jeans,jackets,polos,trousers from there!
I always laugh when people ask me where i got my clothes from, they're expecting shops like top shop and jack wills that they consider the norm.
And i'm like-

'Tesco's F&F and Sainsbury's TU and Primark atmosphere Mate.' I couldn't survive without Primark.
George.
Don't really have a favourite brand, wear anything looks good.
Reply 32
Warehouse, Miss Selfridge. Topshop, but less so now as i am no longer a spring chicken.
I like H & M STUFF, not because they're cheap (because they're not) but because they're nice :smile:
Original post by Sui-Kinxtar_kitty
Primark... Does that count??? Cant afford anythin fancy...

Yeaah. Primarks actually not tha cheap :colondollar:
Reply 35
Original post by toofaforu
wow tsr probably does have the worst fashion forum on the internet.

APC, Burberry Prorsum, Lanvin, Kitsune

Wow, do people still wear Lanvin?

Mon dieu, they vraiment lost fashion credibility when they went mainstream with H&M. :pierre:
Original post by chocoholic.
Yeaah. Primarks actually not tha cheap :colondollar:

Well its the cheapest I can find...

Like I can get a top for like £4!! :biggrin:

(Compared to others which people like... Or it tends to be the usual charity shops for me but that isnt a brand...)
Primark :colondollar: :colondollar: :colondollar:

...only because it's cheap lol. The most expensive I go is New Look :smile:
Original post by Sui-Kinxtar_kitty
Well its the cheapest I can find...

Like I can get a top for like £4!! :biggrin:

(Compared to others which people like... Or it tends to be the usual charity shops for me but that isnt a brand...)

I've been downgraded to clearance shops. Last week I brought a pair of chinos from Newlook clearance for £5!

lol! I'm not a fan of charity shops (not that theres anything wrong with them), they just always look a bit depressing.
Reply 39
I like Ted Baker, Armani Exchange and French Connection (Not FCUK).

Quick Reply

Latest