The Student Room Group

Primark has gotten expensive..?

I have no shame in saying I buy some of my clothes from primark.. tbh I go there first before anywhere else as I dont think designer gear is worth the price and places like H&M dont offer the styles I go for. Ive noticed that Primark has defo got alot more expensive you used to pickup decent tshirts for £3 now theyve more than doubled in price. Also their wide selection of clothing has decreased.. not happy tbh.. dont feel like spending 15-20 quid on a nike tshirt.. dont really like sport brands anymore now Im older I like casual clobber that looks smart but doesnt cost an arm and a leg.. but there isnt any real alternative as far as I know.. its either go to Primark or go to the Armarni shop for plain simple clothing OR go to JD and kit out like a 14 year old chav.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sad thing is the people in the sweatshops probably still earn the same.
Reply 2
Why would someone feel shame? Primark is life.

Last time I went (admittedly a few months ago), I hadn't noticed any changes, but next time I will keep an eye out.
Great news! hopefully some smaller shops will have a chance :P
Reply 4
Use ASOS! A lot of their own branded stuff is plain and pretty cheap. Also, free delivery and returns. I'm like you when it comes to clothing, prefer plain unbranded clothes.
Original post by Bill_Gates
Great news! hopefully some smaller shops will have a chance :P

The days of independant clothes shops died in the 70s
Original post by Carpe Vinum
Sad thing is the people in the sweatshops probably still earn the same.

Lucky to have a job tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
And uglier. They were ugly before, but now they're on another level -- the hipster ugly level. :afraid:
Reply 7
8 years later and I’m saying the same thing 😭
No

And 8 years later, still no

Next question please waiter

Quick Reply

Latest