The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

A City Perfect For Students- Leicester!

Hi all,

In this post I’m going to talk about why Leicester is one of the best ( yes I said best no exaggeration there ) student cities to live in!

To begin with Leicester is not only a multicultural city with people of different cultural and religious beliefs but its also a city perfect for students because of the student life the city is able to provide. In Leicester we have our city centre that not only has a huge Highcross Shopping centre that has all you big branded stores for shopping but also streets filled with vintage stores where you can find all sorts of amazing finds. As a fashion student the clothing stores we have here are honestly incredible not only for getting inspiration for projects but also for shopping (because you can never have enough clothes!) There are also many many small business stores that sell many hidden gems such as moonstone crystals and also vintage records from the 80s. City centre is only a 10 minute walk from Campus Centre which is a massive advantage to us as students.

Another great thing about Leicester would have to be all the food choices we have available here. Leicester being a multicultural city means we have amazing food options from all over the continent such as Indian , Korean , Egyptian to my personal favourite Turkish Cuisine. So if you’re up for experimenting and trying new dishes Leicester would be the city where you can indulge in those cultures and the foods they have to offer.

As If all of that wasn’t enough to convince you Leicester is a great city. Leicester is somewhere you can never be bored with activity locations plastered all over the city. From afternoon pottery painting to an evening bowling and arcade games with friends . To the cinemas right in city centre for that best feeling of diving into the movies on a big screen. A personal fave would have to be the escape rooms we have here right in city centre. Another advantage to all these activities would have to be that its one of the many activities that offer student discounts! We have several parks and lakes that allow you to have that break into nature and reconnect with yourself when you need that little bit of peace and quiet after lectures or even on the weekends. Its the perfect city for solo self love dates as well as those fun friend days out.

Leicester is the place where you’re able to make you’re home away from home!

If there are any memorable places you have explored or are going to be exploring in Leicester, be sure to mention them in the comment section!

-Zakiyah :smile:
(3rd Year Fashion Communication & Styling Student)
Reply 1
Nice recommendation! Haven't been to the city yet but definitely one I'm looking forward to!
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending