The Student Room Group

Was this weird of me to ask? (girls)

I've recently met this girl and I found out that she thought I was hot on a night out... We started chatting and we seemed to be clicking, just happy to chat and stuff but I did fancy her.

I then got a lift with this girl today and we were just having general chit chat and she pulled up to my house and I really wanted to ask for her number but instead I asked if I could add her on facebook... On my part I'm gonna say it was an epic fail :frown:. She said yeah it's fine but would any other girl think this would be really odd to ask or creepy? ... and now she knows it's obvious I like her I have to add her don't I... Cos now I feel so embarressed cos I'm sucha shy person...

Just looking for thoughts please :smile:
Reply 1
I'm a pretty shy person myself,but I personally think you didn't do anything weird.You could start chatting over Facebook first,which might be easier to do than face to face at first and see how it goes,perhaps try to meet up at the same event and then ask for her number if you still think it's going okay. Good Luck :smile:
Reply 2
Nah not weird.. don't sweat it!
Reply 3
Hopefully... I shouldn't really care what people think, and just not let myself ruin things by being so insecure!
Reply 4
add her make a joke and just say i did actually mean to get your number =]
Reply 5
SHould have asked for her Bebo ...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6
it's not weird, don't worry. very gentleman like of you
Reply 7
Right well I haven't been able to chat to her ... both busy I guess, but I've realised once I start chatting to her... what on earth do I say to her. Basically I just wanna make sure I don't get friend zoned and maybe start meeting up with her, i.e. shopping, go for drinks etc... Would you (girls) find it too keen or clingy if I initiate a chat all the time or should I just play it cool by not talking to her :/
Reply 8
i personally find that really cute about the whole asking if you could add her on facebook
but dont try to play it cool coz i hate it when guys do that
but this is just my opinion
Reply 9
I think it is not weird.
the curse of facebook strikes again
Reply 11
Original post by gingerben
add her make a joke and just say i did actually mean to get your number =]

THIS. This will work :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Gigamonkey
THIS. This will work :smile: