The Student Room Group

The IPCC have admitted to mistakes over killing of Mark Duggan

Interesting stuff. I hope this makes people think next time before before blindly accusing somebody of having a firefight with police. There is now no evidence, that he fired any gun at all.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/ipcc-we-were-wrong-about-shooting-that-led-to-riots-6276140.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/aug/09/mark-duggan-police-ipcc

Some comments on following his death were disgusting.
Reply 1
There have been several threads about Duggan. I stand by every word I said in them.
Reply 2
Didn't Duggan have a criminal record? :hmmm:

His killing might not be justified, but there's a reason why the police targeted him.
Finally this came out. I went to watch that production of The Riots in London a few weeks ago and it was just plainly stupid how they portrayed his death, putting him across as this innocent martyr or something. No, I don't think he should have died, it's horrible it happened, but at least we're not under the guise that everyone's created just to tear the police force a new one
Reply 4
Original post by viffer
There have been several threads about Duggan. I stand by every word I said in them.

What did you say in them?
Original post by damidude
Interesting stuff. I hope this makes people think next time before before blindly accusing somebody of having a firefight with police. There is now no evidence, that he fired any gun at all.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/ipcc-we-were-wrong-about-shooting-that-led-to-riots-6276140.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/aug/09/mark-duggan-police-ipcc

Some comments on following his death were disgusting.

That still doesn't justify condemnation of the police. It's like the whole Han Shot First scenario. Didn't they say they found the gun inside a sock? Why did he have the gun? Why would officers randomly home in on someone who just happened to have a gun? Simply not firing a gun is not enough to make you a victim.
Reply 6
Original post by Snagprophet
That still doesn't justify condemnation of the police. It's like the whole Han Shot First scenario. Didn't they say they found the gun inside a sock? Why did he have the gun? Why would officers randomly home in on someone who just happened to have a gun? Simply not firing a gun is not enough to make you a victim.

The condemnation of the police is based on:

1. Killing somebody who was in a cab, and posed no present threat to them at the time
2. Refusing to speak, to give any information to various family members, and members of the public who virtually had set up camp for hours outside the local police station
3. Still up to this day, refusing to answer why Mr Duggan was targeted in the first place
4. Having no convictions over the 300+ deaths caused by police brutality in the last year or so.
Reply 7
What did you say in them?

CBA harvesting them but the search facility should do a reasonable job of finding them if you're really interested. I do recall one starting off ...

No smoke without gun fire ...

Which I suppose is another way of saying if you play with fire you run the risk of getting your fingers very very badly burned..... or worse.
Reply 8

1. Killing somebody who was in a cab, and posed no present threat to them at the time
2. Refusing to speak, to give any information to various family members, and members of the public who virtually had set up camp for hours outside the local police station
3. Still up to this day, refusing to answer why Mr Duggan was targeted in the first place
4. Having no convictions over the 300+ deaths caused by police brutality in the last year or so.

No hint of bias there me ol' mucka.
Reply 9

1 he had a gun, therefore he is a threat.

2 That is the IPCC's job not the police

3 Why should they announce that?

4 Source?

So the whole gun idea was a lie? He did not have a gun with him? He did not need to fire his gun before it was acceptable for the police to shoot him. If they believed they may be shot due to whatever Mark was doing at the time then they should have shoot him and rightly did so.

Well we don't know how this black crime operation was being run so obviously they aren't going to tell potential suspects and the public the details.

Operation still going on eh?

Lol, maybe they shouldn't have been resisting then, eh? I seriously doubt anyone has been picked off the street and beaten to a pulp if they were cooperating before being killed. Also, source?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending