The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

Pharmacy interview Liverpool John Moores Test?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by SagarJeram
I got my offer guys..300points with a B in chemistry.. What about you? So happy!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations!
How did the interview go and what questions did they ask? I have mine in march and I'm kinda nervous about it. x
Liverpool
Reply 21
The interview is nothing to worry about. You are put into groups of about 6 and the two interviewers ask the same question to each person, but then it's up to you to make yourself stand out and expand on their question. I advise you to do that... The questions were easy as... Why Liverpool. Why pharmacy. Hospital or community pharmacy....there the only 3 they asked us and the interview was over.... Make sure u ask questions tho because they note down that u asked a question! Also the aptitude test is not challenging as it has 12 multiple choice questions and 1 easy question. The essay question was like 'should a person being accused of a criminal offence have the same right to anonymity as the accuser?' There is no right or wrong it's just seeing if u can paragraph and structure your English in the right grammar and spelling

Hope that helps!
Sagar

Posted from TSR Mobile
Itsss eassy, dont worry :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by Yemiisii
Congratulations!
How did the interview go and what questions did they ask? I have mine in march and I'm kinda nervous about it. x

I had my interview on Feb 13th and got asked the same essay question as the people on the 20th so wouldnt be surprised if you got the same one too! the interview was ok, nothing really about pharmacy, it started with whats your name where are you from and what do you study and then just why pharmacy? why Liverpool? name a drug and say what it does, if you could be any other profession what would it be and why? Like the person before said ask a question because it makes you stand out a bit more, in my case they then went on to ask me an individual question. The multiple choice questions weren't hard either just basic logic really!

Hope this has helped! :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by JessHayes
I had my interview on Feb 13th and got asked the same essay question as the people on the 20th so wouldnt be surprised if you got the same one too! the interview was ok, nothing really about pharmacy, it started with whats your name where are you from and what do you study and then just why pharmacy? why Liverpool? name a drug and say what it does, if you could be any other profession what would it be and why? Like the person before said ask a question because it makes you stand out a bit more, in my case they then went on to ask me an individual question. The multiple choice questions weren't hard either just basic logic really!

Hope this has helped! :smile:

Thank you soooo much!!!! :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 25
No problem. Is this you first choice? where else have you applied? :smile:
Reply 26
No problem. Is this you first choice? where else have you applied? :smile:

Noo. I think reading or Portsmouth would be my firm and ljmu (if I get in) would be my insurance :smile: i applied to ljmu, Portsmouth, reading, Huddersfield and Wolverhampton you??
Reply 27
Noo. I think reading or Portsmouth would be my firm and ljmu (if I get in) would be my insurance :smile: i applied to ljmu, Portsmouth, reading, Huddersfield and Wolverhampton you??

Oh are you from down south?? I applied to Bath, Manchester and ljmu for pharmacy and Portsmouth and Newcastle for pharmacology. Will take Bath as my firm and ljmu as insurance if my results are good tomorrow, if not will take ljmu as firm and Portsmouth as insurance. What are you predicted? and which subjects do you take?? :smile:
Reply 28
Oh are you from down south?? I applied to Bath, Manchester and ljmu for pharmacy and Portsmouth and Newcastle for pharmacology. Will take Bath as my firm and ljmu as insurance if my results are good tomorrow, if not will take ljmu as firm and Portsmouth as insurance. What are you predicted? and which subjects do you take?? :smile:

Yeah I'm from the south and don't want to go too far from home Lool
I'm soooo nervous for tomorrow!! Good luck to you :smile:
I'm predicted AABB I do psychology chemisty biology and ICT. You ?? :smile:
Reply 29
Yeah I'm from the south and don't want to go too far from home Lool
I'm soooo nervous for tomorrow!! Good luck to you :smile:
I'm predicted AABB I do psychology chemisty biology and ICT. You ?? :smile:

Well Im from up North between Manchester and Liverpool but I live in Belgium at the moment, so anywhere I go is going to be pretty far from home! :s-smilie:
Im certain you'll do fine tomorrow!! Good luck!! :biggrin:
Im only predicted ABB with the A being in chemistry and the Bs in maths and Biology.
I'm a third year at college, I had to resit my A2 levels because I got BDD (B in maths). I have been offered a place at LJMU for ABB, but I don't think I will get a B in biology :frown: and was wondering what are the lowest grades LJMU has offered for MPharm in 2011/2012? :confused:
mine is on the 20th November! ahh can you give me any advice? what is the test like?
Original post by laurenvance
mine is on the 20th November! ahh can you give me any advice? what is the test like?

Hi, I'm in my first year at john moores Uni studying pharmacy. The interview/tests should be the same as mine, what do you want to know?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry I never noticed what you asked what the tests are like.
There are 3 tests and 1 interview.
1 test is a chemistry test and covers atomic structure and bonding (like 1s1 2s2 2p6 ect) and atomic numbers and atomic weights of elements. It also covers organic chemistry like aldehydes and ketones ect so make sure you know what's what ( also in mine it's asked what an ester was made up of). It's all multiple choice too. The second test is more maths, like if a person had to take x pills a day for 1 week how many pills would they need? It was quite easy. I think they may of asked about percentage but I can't remember. The 3rd test is a written one they just ask a question and you give your opinion, it's more just to see how your English is.
The interview was really easy they just want to see if you can communicate well. I got asked why pharmacy? Why Liverpool? Tell me something interesting about yourself. I also got asked what is my favourite element and why, this threw me a little but I just thought of a random element that came to mind. The interviews are group interviews in groups of 5-6 people. Also a tip would be if you want ljmu to accept you make sure you put them as your firm choice if they offer you a place, I believe they are very good at offering places to students who put them as their firm.
Hope this helps, if you want to know anything else just ask :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, i'm hoping to study next year in ljmu but I conpared it with uni of manchester Christmas break in Manchester is from 16 December to 16 January and in ljmu it's only 3 weeks is this true? Are holidays in uni of manchester longer than ljmu
Hi
I've got an interview in April. Could please tell me about the interview and exam? How was that?
Original post by LizzieA.
Hey I'm a Fresher at JMU doing Pharmacy, any questions feel free to message me! The test is NOTHING to be scared about. It's absolutely fine - honestly.

The interview is super easy and the lecturers will always make it super relaxed and you shouldn't be nervous. The open day isn't about judging you to within an inch of your life, it's about meeting you and getting to know you more!

Again, feel free to message me ANYTHING!

Hi
Can you PLEASE give me some examples for the interview questions u had been asked

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending