The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

Opinions on Liverpool John Moores University for Biomedical Science?

Hi, this is my first post on TSR so I’m sorry if I’m doing anything wrong 😅

I’m hoping to study biomedical science at university, I’ve looked at Liverpool John Moores and think it sounds pretty promising, I like that it’s IBMS accredited and offers a sandwich year. I’m looking for reviews of current and past students, what did you think of the uni? Did you feel that the course was what you wanted to be and did you feel that the staff and facilities were good? Was there anything you didn’t like and would you recommend applying? I’m gonna try to go to an open day there but it’s always good to hear people’s opinions.
Hi :smile:

That's great to hear you are considering LJMU! Hopefully some of our past or current Biomedical Sciences students will give their opinions, but in the meantime, I'd advise having a look at the course page on our website! It sounds like you have already as you know about the accreditation and optional placement year, but you can also look under the 'details' tab to see the modules you'd be studying - https://www.ljmu.ac.uk/study/courses/undergraduates/2024/32805-biomedical-science-bsc-hons

Definitely come along to an open day if you can, as you'll be able to have a proper look round the facilities as well as accommodation and the city in general - https://www.ljmu.ac.uk/study/undergraduate-students/visit-us/undergraduate-open-days

Just for your information, students are guaranteed a place in accommodation here at LJMU, and both our campuses as well as all accommodation are right in the heart of Liverpool :redface:

If you have any other questions let us know!

Ellen
Liverpool
Reply 2
Hi, thank you so much for the reply. I’ll definitely have a look at the modules you offer.
It’s really good to know that students are guaranteed a place in accommodation, does that also include students who enter through clearing or does accommodation tend to become full before clearing opens?
Thanks again
Yes that also includes students who apply through clearing! :smile:

Ellen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending