The Student Room Group

Freshers - how was your first term?

I feel a little bit sad about coming to the end of term personally. It's gonna be great going home but I see uni as my second home now and I think I'm really gonna miss it over the holidays.

How is everyone else feeling? How did your first term go overall?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Full of stress, sex and sick. Pretty much sums it up, really.
Love the course, but the rest of uni life hasn't really lived up to my expectations.
Reply 3
Original post by Rascacielos
Love the course, but the rest of uni life hasn't really lived up to my expectations.

This is how I feel about my first term at uni too.

What aspects of uni life haven't you enjoyed as much?
Apart from a few weeks after freshers when it was **** and i felt so lonely, i've really enjoyed my first term at uni. I don't want to go home, to be perfectly honest. I love my halls, i love my course and i've made tons of awesome friends. I'm looking forward to christmas but i know that the January is going to drag on and on and be incredibly boring. I can't wait to get back and see everyone again.
Overall I have really enjoyed my first term at uni- the course is top notch and sheffield is a fantastic student city with a great mix of students. It has been easy to make friends cos everyone is so sociable and there is a great multicultural vibe. On the downside, I have spent far too much money and perhaps been influenced to go out more that I would have liked....also the number of lectures I've missed for one of my modules is unforgivable. I just can't handle 9am starts four times a week!!!
Reply 7
I was far too drunk most the time. But love the course. Made some great mates. Know who I'm living with next year. And did well in my mocks.
Also loads of booze, making out, etc etc
It was quite good. I still like all of my flatmates however I'm glad to be home as I've missed some things I used to take for granted such as: a washing machine, a quiet atmosphere, a comfortable bed, home cooked food, an oven that doesn't burn everything, my family, my dog and WIRELESS INTERNET.
Reply 9
I've loved it here, housemates are great, course is good fun, had a great time with the hockey club (despite missing out on a lot of games and socials through no fault of my own) and living in a fantastic house.

I am however looking forward to getting home, feeling properly christmasy and not having to live off whatever food I have left over in the fridge and my cupboards :P
Original post by kbountra
What aspects of uni life haven't you enjoyed as much?

Life in halls principally. I can't handle going to sleep at 4a.m. because that's when the noise finally stops, and then getting up at 7a.m. because that's when the noise starts again. :mad:
Reply 11
Life in halls principally. I can't handle going to sleep at 4a.m. because that's when the noise finally stops, and then getting up at 7a.m. because that's when the noise starts again. :mad:

Buy some earplugs?
Reply 12
I enjoyed my first term, but I was definitely ready to go home! The course has been brilliant and I have made some good friends. I'm not sure if I worked hard enough though, so will see how the exams go in January.
Original post by JCM
Buy some earplugs?

Have done. Unfortunately it doesn't block out someone with subwoofers the size you'd find at Glastonbury and drunken girls screaming at the top of their voices.
Reply 14
I have enjoyed it. I love my course and have done really well in assignments, I have had no problems with flatmates, I have made friends and I am generally happy. I am ready to go home now though since I miss little things and just need to unwind (despite the fact I will have to revise for exams) but yeah, its been good and I have learnt a lot about myself.
Reply 15
I've had an amazing time at Uni so far, I fit in, I'm doing well in my course, and I've been more social than ever, I may have even met someone. But theres no stronger feeling right now than my excitement to spend Christmas at home, if it snows and I'm stuck here, I will be devastated.
--
(edited 11 years ago)
Yeah it's not been bad. Sort of don't see my flatmates as much now which is a bit of a shame. People on the course are generally cool though and the course is great. Run out of money though and can't wait to get home tomorrow :smile:
Incredibly mixed? No, I've had a great time overall - my course is decent enough and I really couldn't have been luckier with my flatmates and I've met some lovely people and had a lot of really good times! Which is better than I expected, to be fair :tongue: But I've also had a few absolutely awful moments, so yeah.
Reply 19
Original post by kbountra
Overall I have really enjoyed my first term at uni- the course is top notch and sheffield is a fantastic student city with a great mix of students. It has been easy to make friends cos everyone is so sociable and there is a great multicultural vibe. On the downside, I have spent far too much money and perhaps been influenced to go out more that I would have liked....also the number of lectures I've missed for one of my modules is unforgivable. I just can't handle 9am starts four times a week!!!

yesss!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending