The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3980
Original post by RoyalBlue7
Problem with this question.

Faith is subjective and so a decision based on it will be debatable. :smile:

Islam promises something while atheism does not. Atheism warns about nothing while Islam does. It's like responding to a earthquake warning. Do something about it even though doing it would cause "some" inconvenience.

And also atheism does not have "proof" for it (even though you didn't claim it). Islam is the null hypothesis

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please don't reply to Monkey Man.
a) It'll be a debate
b) He "wasn't expecting a logical answer" - people who ask question with such expectations have already made their minds up. It's utterly pointless trying to discuss anything with them.

Spoiler

Original post by Tpos
Please don't reply to Monkey Man.
a) It'll be a debate
b) He "wasn't expecting a logical answer" - people who ask question with such expectations have already made their minds up. It's utterly pointless trying to discuss anything with them.

Spoiler

Yeah it's utterly pointless. :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by #Brownie
Seems relevant. :holmes:

[video="youtube;uSwJuOPG4FI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSwJuOPG4FI[/video]

tell me what the video says because I don't have 2 hours to spare
Original post by Tpos
yep there's a hadith about it. As for whether it applies now, I'm no scholar so I can't say. I don't think it'd make sense, not for that reason :s-smilie: but you should ask someone knowledgeable. If you do find out, let me know the reasoning behind it if the answer is yes.

I don't know anyone knowledgeable lol.

Thanks for the reply :smile:

Original post by Iqbal007
Yes that is true.........it depends on how you take it. Loads of Muslims do not follow it, nothing to do with the original concept of boasting, etc but rather its the norm, fashion, to stay warmer...so your intention is very different.

Original post by Monkey.Man
tell me what the video says because I don't have 2 hours to spare

Krauss absolutely kills him, but it was held in front of an audience of jeering Muslim children who explode whenever Hamza says anything at all.
What details does the Quran give about the signs of the anti-Christ?

Thank you
Original post by DaveSmith99
x

Original post by Al-farhan
x

Hey, could you two please take this somewhere else? This isn't a thread for debating :smile:
Original post by Grace by Yahweh

Thank you

The Quran, as a whole, is usually concise and instructs about/emphasises matters that are important to all of mankind in various situations. As such, it doesn't say much about the anti-Christ, itself, if anything. However the ahaadeeth do make mention of the anti-Christ (Dajjal). Among the described features are the following:

He will be a young man with a ruddy complexion, short, with thick curly hair, a wide forehead, and broad upper chest, blind or defective (mamsooh) in the right eye. Another of his characteristics will be that he will be sterile, with no children born to him.

It was also narrated from Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with them both) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) mentioned the Dajjaal to the people and said: “Allaah is not one-eyed, but the false messiah (al-maseeh al-dajjaal) is one-eyed, blind or defective in his right eye, with his eye looking like a floating grape…” (narrated by al-Bukhaari, no. 3184).

It was reported that he will have a paradise and a hell with him, but his paradise will be his hell and his hell will be his paradise. He will have rivers of water and mountains of bread. He will command the sky to send down rain, and it will rain, and he will command the earth to bring forth vegetation and it will do so. The treasures of the earth will follow him, and he will travel rapidly, like clouds driven by the wind. And he will do other extraordinary feats. All of that was mentioned in the saheeh ahaadeeth. Imaam Muslim narrated in his Saheeh that Hudhayfah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘The Dajjaal will be one-eyed, blind in his left eye, and will have thick hair. He will have a paradise and a hell with him, but his paradise will be a hell and his hell will be a paradise.’” (Narrated by Muslim, no. 5222)

In the hadeeth of al-Nawwaas ibn Sam’aan about the Dajjaal, it is reported that the Sahaabah said: “O Messenger of Allaah, how long will he stay on the earth?” He said, “Forty days: one day like a year, one day like a month, one day like a week, and the rest of the days like your days.” They said, “How fast will he travel through the earth?” He said, “Like the clouds when they are driven by the wind. He will come to some people and call them, and they will believe in him and respond to him. Then he will command the sky to rain, and the earth to bring forth vegetation, and their cattle will come back to them in the evening, with their humps very high, and their udders full of milk, and their flanks stretched. Then he will come to another people and will call them, but they will reject him. So he will leave them and they will be stricken with famine, with none of their wealth in their hands. He will pass by ruins and will say, ‘Bring forth your treasure!’ and the treasure will follow him like a swarm of bees. Then he will call a man who is brimming with youth, and will strike him with a sword and cut him in two, then (he will put the pieces apart from one another) the distance of an archer from his target. Then he will call him, and the young man will come forward smiling, with his face shining.” (narrated by Muslim, 5228)

According to the hadeeth of Umaamah al-Baahili (may Allaah be pleased with him), the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said of the Dajjaal: “Part of his fitnah will be that he will say to a Bedouin, Do you think that if I resurrect your father and mother for you that you will testify that I am your lord?’ He will say, ‘Yes.’ So two devils will appear to him in the image of his father and mother, saying, ‘O my son, follow him for he is your lord.’” (Narrated by Ibn Maajah, no. 4067. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani, Saheeh al-Jaami’ al-Sagheer, hadeeth 7752).

The Dajjaal will die at the hands of the Messiah ‘Eesa ibn Maryam [i.e. Jesus] (peace be upon him), as is indicated by the saheeh ahaadeeth.

The above are excerpts taken from the islamqa website.

Scholars of hadeeth derived from the various narrations that one eye will be non-functional and abraded and the other will be defective.

The anti-Christ is said to emerge from a land east of Saudi Arabia, and he will travel around the world - but not be able to enter some certain places.

Thank you
as ash said above but very briefly the signs to look out for will be, he will be a Jew, he will have one eye [one eye will be blind] and he will perform seemingly miracles such as brining the dead to life, making it rain in parts of the world where people obey him and stopping the rain [so there would be drought] in parts of the world where people wont and he will claim to be God
[QUOTE=ash92:)....

Original post by Ahmad232

Many thanks for the reply. :smile:

You're welcome :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Many thanks for the reply. :smile:
my pleasure! :wink:
Reply 3993
as ash said above but very briefly the signs to look out for will be, he will be a Jew, he will have one eye [one eye will be blind] and he will perform seemingly miracles such as brining the dead to life, making it rain in parts of the world where people obey him and stopping the rain [so there would be drought] in parts of the world where people wont and he will claim to be God

So basically a half-blind Jesus?
Original post by Joshmj
So basically a half-blind Jesus?
you mean a half blind anti Jesus?
Reply 3995
you mean a half blind anti Jesus?

Lets see...

Jesus:
Jew
Performs miracles

Kind to his followers, doesn't care about the rest

Now remember that an anti-Jesus would be the opposite of that, so:

Anti-Jesus:
Jew

Performs miracles

Sounds more like a half-blind Jesus to me.
Original post by Joshmj
Lets see...

Jesus:
Jew
Performs miracles

Anti-Jesus:
Jew

Performs miracles

Hi , just one point that it incorrect in your post. Jesus cared about everyone whether Jew or gentile. There are many examples of him being kind to people others didn't want to associate with like tax collectors, prostitutes, supposed adulteress, criminals (the two on the crosses next to his), the people that were unclean (did not keep all of the cleanliness laws and rituals) the poor, the sick, lepers etc the list goes on :smile:
Original post by Joshmj
Lets see...

Jesus:
Jew
Performs miracles

Anti-Jesus:
Jew

Performs miracles

Jesus never claimed to be god!
Original post by Tpos
I would say it's impossible to avoid it unless you live in a cave.
reason why al-Qaida have moved to caves? :biggrin:
Reply 3999
Original post by ideas4life
You make it seem like Muhammad was constantly attacked, when he was the one doing the attacking most of the time according to Muslim scholar below who lists all battles

http://military.hawarey.org/military_english.htm

http://www.sharia101.org/prophet-muhammad-honored-by-us-supreme-court.php

Please read this, I hate it when people try to portray the prophet as some kind of war lord because its just really not true or accurate at all.

Latest

Trending

Trending