The Student Room Group

Exam style D question- ling the Muslim life

"Prayer is the most important thing in a Muslim's life". What points and quotes can I use for my agree and disagree paragraphs?
Reply 1
I don't have anything specific on hand but for agreeing you could talk about how prayer doesn't always need to be Salah (praying 5x a day) but can be something a Muslim does whenever they remember God. For disagreeing you could talk about Shahadah (the declaration of faith) being the first pillar of Islam before Salah, and the other three pillars (Sawm/Fasting, Zakah/Charity and Hajj/Pilgrimage) being equally important to a Muslim.

For specific quotes definitely check out BBC Bitesize for authentic quotes and try typing the question into your search engine and seeing what comes up; often people have planned out the question or written an answer out completely. Maybe even "Islamic quotes about prayer" could be useful for finding quotes that agree with the statement - just make sure the quotes are authentic as they would all be translated from Arabic so it is easy for people to just make stuff up. I think the best way to check a quote is showing it to your RE teacher; you could also ask them to send you any PowerPoints/quote banks as ones given from your school are probably best and easiest to memorise and apply to a question.

Haha, this got long. Good luck with your GCSEs!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending