The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

People in my thread have been rude and have refused to answer.
Response: apparently the angel of death visits a believer when your time to meet allah has come. However, for any unit of time many people die. For example, as of this second, probably thousands of people will die all over the world.

How can the angel of death visit people all over the world at the same time to take their lives away? Impossibru!1!1!!1

Debunked as usual...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IdeasForWife
People in my thread have been rude and have refused to answer.
Response: apparently the angel of death visits a believer when your time to meet allah has come. However, for any unit of time many people die. For example, as of this second, probably thousands of people will die all over the world.

How can the angel of death visit people all over the world at the same time to take their lives away? Impossibru!1!1!!1

Debunked as usual...?

Posted from TSR Mobile

#Angel
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
#Angel

Elaborate?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Salaam Aleikum,
I was thinking of in sha Allah studying Arabic and Islamic studies at university in the UK. What universities are good for this (e.g. Exeter or SOAS)? What carreer opportunities are there with studying islam+arabic as a woman? Shokran
Original post by IdeasForWife

The being in question in an Angel, i.e a creature with mystical powers that defy comprehension.
Original post by Grace by Yahweh

Basically I suppose I am asking, what guarantees your salvation :smile:

The only thing that guarantees your salvation is if you die upon Tawheed (pure Islamic monotheism [Oneness of Allah]).

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do Muslims explain the contradictions between the Qu'ran and the sunna / Hadiths?
having recently seen a lot of pictures on current tv news programs, i notice that in many muslim regions like somalia, sudan and indeed palestine - gaza and west bank, that mainly the men wear western style clothing - jeans t shirts, shorts etc, wheras pretty much all the women filmed were exclusively wearing either burkhas with hijab or full niqabs ( ie arabic clothing) . Can anyone explain this , islamically
Original post by Meenglishnogood
having recently seen a lot of pictures on current tv news programs, i notice that in many muslim regions like somalia, sudan and indeed palestine - gaza and west bank, that mainly the men wear western style clothing - jeans t shirts, shorts etc, wheras pretty much all the women filmed were exclusively wearing either burkhas with hijab or full niqabs ( ie arabic clothing) . Can anyone explain this , islamically

Men's clothing is a lot more relaxed. We can wear almost anything as long as it is not too tight and we are covered from the navel to the knee. Yes, you don't see all muslim men wear a thobe, tokki etc, but most do when going to pray in congregation such as the friday prayer (jummuah).

Essentially this comes down to this: muslim women are obliged to wear the hijab. Muslim men are not obliged to wear anything in particular and this is why you see them in your traditional western clothing. I guess it ultimately comes down to personal choice for the muslim men.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Could you briefly summarise whether or not it's accepted in Islam, on the whole?

In summary, it is clearly stated in the link that FGM is not allowed at all in Islam - and even female circumcision is largely held to not be obligatory. Here are some select excerpts from the article, which clarify why (without going on for too long)

Spoiler

Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
Jazak Allah Khairan.

For the share.

:yy:

Original post by alwaysalex
How do Muslims explain the contradictions between the Qu'ran and the sunna / Hadiths?

What contradictions?
Original post by ash92:)
x

Jzk Ash :biggrin:
Original post by QuantumSuicide
x

Please take it to the Ask a moderator forum if you have any issues with moderating. The mod that took the action will discuss it there.
Please take it to the Ask a moderator forum if you have any issues with moderating. The mod that took the action will discuss it there.

Sounds long... Nvm, i dont think i broke any rules so i'll ask here again.

Was adam really 90 ft tall? I find this hard to believe since it's biologically impossible for a human to be that tall.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was adam really 90 ft tall? I find this hard to believe since it's biologically impossible for a human to be that tall.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Biologically impossible - it seems so. Although giants are by no means an oddity, for example the Giants of Castelnau. Then consider that Adam is said to be the first man, thus probably lived many millenia before the Giants of Castelnau - how difficult would it be to find evidence of people from so long ago? I'd also assume that it's biologically impossible for them to have ever existed, but there we go.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hard to believe? Friend, you need to have faith in Islam and her books, just like you have faith in all those scientists and their science.

Science brings rationale. Religion brings faith.

You chose to believe when scientists claim that the universe is ...what?...some billions of years across...light years!..now that's difficult to grasp. So vast a universe. Yet you believe those scientists and their science. Because their rationale couldn't be wrong.

Just like that you could believe that Adam was was? Some 90ft tall...90!...now that's difficult to grasp. So tall a man. Yet I believe this, because of my faith in the hadeeth books and Islam.
As for science, let science catch up man!

Posted from TSR Mobile
of course, I would deem that - the proposed illogicality of religion - to be debatable :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why do you think it's debatable?

[QUOTE=ash92[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];48786215]Anyhow guys, can we not turn this into a general science a religion discussion? Let's keep in mid the nature of this thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oops, sorry!

But I asked a question above :tongue:

Also is there an Islamic way if saying "I am sorry"..like we say "Jazakhallah" for thank you?

Edit: I don't agree with it being undebatable, but I jus wanna know why Ash thinks its debatable :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TheKingOfTSR
Why do you think it's debatable?

Oops, sorry!

But I asked a question above :tongue:

Also is there an Islamic way if saying "I am sorry"..like we say "Jazakhallah" for thank you?

Edit: I don't agree with it being undebatable, but I jus wanna know why Ash thinks its debatable :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hehe, ok. But it'll have to be very brief:

Logicality need not necessarily be restricted by direct observability. Nor need it be isolated by empirical science. Nor is it a thing to be limited or made exclusive by the mind, the intelligence, the reasoning, the line of thought of one man, or even one group of people. Nor is it a thing of generalisation.

"I'm sorry" - I don't think there's a specific du'a for that (except that maybe one could ask for forgiveness and guidance from Allah). Although, I am open to correction.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending