Original post by Brand New Eyes
... the ones in the link :facepalm:

ohs sorry :redface:
Reply 381
Original post by otrivine
ohs sorry :redface:

for prims you would need to use a table
for kruscal we do not need a table

cant think of anything else someone help please?

i got physics exam 2morro :frown:
Original post by Prolite

Good luck :wink:
Original post by Prolite

You can do Prim's without a table.
Reply 384
Anyone think they're going to ask to fill in a presedence table or draw a diagram from the table for CPA?
That's the one thing which I'm dreading the most!! :frown:
Reply 385
Do you think it'll be wrong doing the entire exam in pencil. I always seem to make silly mistakes
can we use colours they are so useful epespically for linear programming

no, the examiners scan our papers and only the blank ink appears on the screen.

Remember that for D1, most of the marks are given for working out, so make sure your working out is clear...
Original post by .Missy
Do you think it'll be wrong doing the entire exam in pencil. I always seem to make silly mistakes

Pencil should mostly only be used for graphs and make it dark so that it shows up when scanned.

Otherwise black ink is preferred, if they can't decipher your script they will pull it and mark the hard copy.

If you're that worried do the normal bits in pen and when drawing on things they give you like Dijkstra in pencil)
Reply 389
Original post by Brand New Eyes
Pencil should mostly only be used for graphs and make it dark so that it shows up when scanned.

Otherwise black ink is preferred, if they can't decipher your script they will pull it and mark the hard copy.

If you're that worried do the normal bits in pen and when drawing on things they give you like Dijkstra in pencil)

Thanks for reply :smile: +rep

I think i'll just do that, I dont to muck up any of the Dijikstra/ critical path question. If I have time ( doubt I will) I'll just re write it in pen
Reply 390
Wake up guys start revising!!!!!!!!!!!

Linear programming doing my head in :frown:
Reply 391

we get 2 sets of questions do it on question paper u can write anything on question paper user highlighers anything but just dont do it on the answersheet because they will mark it...

i plan to use highligher on question paper to find the krucal algorith, linear programming etc... just scared that i won't have enough time
Good idea, i might do the critical path analysis and the Dijkstra's algorithm in pencil first.....
Reply 393
Hey Arsey,

Can you please tell me how to draw a profit line in linear programming to find maximum or minimum value?

Its really urgent!! :colondollar:
Reply 394
what are your predicitons on tomorrows d1 exam? :smile:
I Frikkin Love D1 Better than C1, C2 and all that rubbish :/ But I get stuck on Critical Patthh!! :angry: Can Anyone tell me a good way of remembering the algorithmm?? I Dont get it! :frown:
Original post by natashaleah123
I Frikkin Love D1 Better than C1, C2 and all that rubbish :/ But I get stuck on Critical Patthh!! :angry: Can Anyone tell me a good way of remembering the algorithmm?? I Dont get it! :frown:

sure which part specifically are you stuck on? can i ask you a question as well on chinease postman?
Original post by N.amreen
what are your predicitons on tomorrows d1 exam? :smile:

i think definite things that will come up is
- quick sort
-chinease postman
-linear programming
-matching
critical
- dijakstra
- very unlikely for prims and kruscals cause they were both in jan 2012 paper
Reply 398
Original post by natashaleah123

I hate linear programming and with critical path analysis I always get the critical activities wrong which is the easiest bit! :angry:
Just remember:
-forward pass is the largest total of all the times leading to that activity
-backward pass is the smallest total of all the times leading to the activity
-total float = latest finish time - duration - earliest event time (which i remember as bottom - middle - top :P )
-if an activity has a total float of 0 it is a critical activity
-number of workers needed = sum of all activities divided by the critical time of the project
:smile:
Original post by Sharyn
I hate linear programming and with critical path analysis I always get the critical activities wrong which is the easiest bit! :angry:
Just remember:
-forward pass is the largest total of all the times leading to that activity
-backward pass is the smallest total of all the times leading to the activity
-total float = latest finish time - duration - earliest event time (which i remember as bottom - middle - top :P )
-if an activity has a total float of 0 it is a critical activity
-number of workers needed = sum of all activities divided by the critical time of the project
:smile:

hi did u do the june 2011 paper D1 was the hardest one ? can i ask you for help in 2 questions:colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending