The Student Room Group

The Edexcel D1 (18/05/12 - AM) Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

So what other big mark questions are likely to come up..
I've thoroughly revised
-Critical Path Analysis
-Linear Programing
--Kruscal
-Prim's
-Dijkstra's [Algorithms]
-Chinese Postman
What Else????
do I need to learn any defenitions??????
Reply 582
Original post by Salvatore8
do I need to learn any defenitions??????

Definitions that may come up are on page one (in a document), like the 4th or 5th post.
Original post by Zytex
Definitions that may come up are on page one (in a document), like the 4th or 5th post.

Thanxx
Comparatively difficult exam, think I did well though.

(48, 20) for linear programming guys?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 585
wasnt too bad :smile: easier than jan 2012! Its not like Decision is particularly difficult, its just sooo easy to make mistakes, for example today, Ive realised that I accidentally didnt shade the unwanted part when plotting the inequalities -__-
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by luketg8
wasnt too bad :smile: easier than jan 2012! Its not like Decision is particularly difficult, its just sooo easy to make mistakes, for example today, Ive realised that I accidentally didnt shade the unwanted part when plotting the inequalities -__-

do u know where is the unofficial mark scheme? thanks!
Reply 587
Original post by lukas1051
Comparatively difficult exam, think I did well though.

(48, 20) for linear programming guys?

is your 'y' value of 20 a typo? My class and I all got 10, or most of us at least.
Reply 588
yeah an unofficial mark scheme would be super, please!
Reply 590
I've done a few past papers and things. The first one I did as a mock I got a B and the one I did at home I got a C.
I think the main difference with the two I did was that I was careless in my second one.
From the modules I have taken so far (C1, C2 and S1), I always seem to get better results in the actual exam because I'm more careful with my calculations and such.
D1 is NOT hard once you get your head around the concepts and methods of it.
If you make sure not to make silly mistakes in the exam and make sure you KNOW everything youve learnt, then theres no reason why you shouldnt get high marks.
I found this with my S1 as well, as I got a U in my mock then an A in my actual exam.
Good Luck everyone!
Original post by Arsey
Revision thread for the D1 exam.

I have now included the Jan 2012 paper and model answers.

I will start a new thread and include the paper and solutions to the exam on Friday (Friday night, if I am still awake after midnight).

In the next few posts I will upload some past papers, mark schemes etc

note - I will happily remove anything I have uploaded if requested by site admin.

Hi arsey good morning, hope you are enjoying the snow :smile:
one question for the paper adapted the legacy by any chance are there the answer booklets , to do like the linear and scheduling
Reply 592
Original post by otrivine
Hi arsey good morning, hope you are enjoying the snow :smile:
one question for the paper adapted the legacy by any chance are there the answer booklets , to do like the linear and scheduling

I thought I included them at the end of each document.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arsey
I thought I included them at the end of each document.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Those are the mark schemes and definitions and resource books
Reply 594
hi! does anyone know if u could get different answers when you are drawing the chart for the workers? (same no. of workers but the activities scheduled are different)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending