The Student Room Group

AQA AS Physics A Unit 1 January 2012 Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by anuradha_d
Was specific charge Charge per unit mass?

I put something like it was the ratio of charge over mass of the atom. :confused:
Original post by Astonix
Specific Charge = charge / mass. Measured in Ckg^-1
If that's what you meant by your question.

Yep thanks xD
@chill543 i got the 22.2% too :biggrin:DD
Reply 783
50/70 for an A ?
Reply 784
Original post by masr123
50/70 for an A ?

I would of thought closer to 56/70 which is 80%
Reply 785
Original post by Astonix

i think one of the previous highest is 53, but by what everyone is saying i think i will be lower that that for sure..... well hpefully anyway!
Reply 786
Original post by Astonix

it isnt usually as high as 56, more like 51/52 hopefully 50!
Was specific charge Charge per unit mass?

according to the book it is defined as charge divided by mass. wtf... but thank god that is what i wrote. might be wrong obviously
Reply 788
Original post by Astonix

Thats what the teachers tell you to make you work harder.
Reply 789
Thats the same as saying Charge per uni mass thou :frown:

I put charge per unit mass for a particle. It is technically the same. :smile:
For the table on part one for the charge on the proton I put +1.6 x 10^-19 instead of +1. Is that technically right? My Physics teacher told me to always put that. s: but then again...
Reply 790
Question 6? The one where you were given bulbs X and Y did you all put 12V for the p.d? And 1.5A? And I think 8ohms for the resistance? I think the rest of the questions were all quite decent, practically gave us 7 marks at the beginning?
Reply 791
Original post by kitkat19
dint matter that it was after the exam...they copletely missed out oscilloscopes lol

I know :frown: All the things I wanted to come up didn't!
For difference between Ionisation and Excitation, I said this for 3 marks:

Excitation is when an electron gains energy from a collision/absorption and moves to a higher energy level from ground state
Ionisation involves the same as the above, except in this case, the electron gains enough energy to be removed from the atom.

Pair production: A photon interacts with matter (eg. a nucleus) and converts into a particle and its anitparticle, with the net change in energy being zero, and all the conservation laws (eg. charge momentum) being conserved.

Whaddya think?
Reply 793
Original post by Dslash
I put charge per unit mass for a particle. It is technically the same. :smile:
For the table on part one for the charge on the proton I put +1.6 x 10^-19 instead of +1. Is that technically right? My Physics teacher told me to always put that. s: but then again...

You only ever put +1, -1, 0 when it says relative charge iirc. I don't recall it saying relative charge (did anyone else?), so what you put is technically correct and AQA messed up
(edited 12 years ago)
For difference between Ionisation and Excitation, I said this for 3 marks:

Excitation is when an electron gains energy from a collision/absorption and moves to a higher energy level from ground state
Ionisation involves the same as the above, except in this case, the electron gains enough energy to be removed from the atom.

Pair production: A photon interacts with matter (eg. a nucleus) and converts into a particle and its anitparticle, with the net change in energy being zero, and all the conservation laws (eg. charge momentum) being conserved.

Whaddya think?

I wrote for pair production something like the photon has twice the rest energy of the particles it is going to make. It interacts with matter and produces a particle and antiparticle pair, e.g. electron and a positron, which have half the energy of the photon.
Reply 795
Original post by Astonix
You only ever put +1, -1, 0 when it says relative charge iirc. I don't recall it saying relative charge (did anyone else?), so what you put is technically correct and AQA messed up

Ah well, it might be in the pity 'accept' box. :P
Original post by Jammie Dodgers
I wrote for pair production something like the photon has twice the rest energy of the particles it is going to make. It interacts with matter and produces a particle and antiparticle pair, e.g. electron and a positron, which have half the energy of the photon.

That seems better

Would my answers get any marks? These are the only ones im worried about :/
I'm going to email AQA.
Reply 798
Does 23.8 something point 8 for the electricity question sound familiar i think for voltage of r1
Reply 799
For teh specific charge i thought x and y were the same letters. Annoying examiners they picked letters thst look the same.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending