The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Are Spurs still getting Hazard?
Original post by T.Adams VI
Are Spurs still getting Hazard?

I doubt very much he'll join spurs if they finish outside the top four.
Original post by word2yamother
Wenger was actually close to signing ben arfa a few seasons ago when hleb left. It was a toss up between ben arfa and Nasri and he chose Nasri.

Yes, I remember that. When I heard Nasri was signing for Arsenal I was so excited. Its a shame he never got to play through the middle of the park on a regular basis.

Glad he left anyway. Hope we catch Man City. Hazard is better than him.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Dutchman81
I doubt very much he'll join spurs if they finish outside the top four.

He was joking. Spurs were never in contention to get Hazard.
Original post by Karma Charger
:confused: He's had his leg broken and damaged ankle ligaments after two terrible challenges in the 18 months he's been here, how is that his fault?

Where did I say it was his fault? The reality is there is a chance he could be troubled by the after effects of those injuries and it's a risk I'd rather not take. Look what's happened with Diaby.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8425
yeah but you cant say anything about arsenal right now as they are doin amazing did you see them in the beggining of the season and look aty them now
Reply 8426
According to this, Sagna is also suffering from bruises from the City game. If he's out, I suppose Jenkinson will be given a run out:

Szczesny
Jenkinson Djourou Vermaelen Santos
Song Arteta
Walcott Rosicky Chamberlain
van Persie

Unless Wenger somehow decides it would be a better idea to have Djourou at right-back and Squillaci in the centre (I suppose this could happen if Jenkinson is still not fit to play).

A bit concerned about the effect having to shuffle our defence like this will have; Wolves could trouble us no end on counters/set-pieces if we don't click right away...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Abiraleft
According to this, Sagna is also suffering from bruises from the City game. If he's out, I suppose Jenkinson will be given a run out:

Szczesny
Jenkinson Djourou Vermaelen Santos
Song Arteta
Walcott Rosicky Chamberlain
van Persie

Unless Wenger somehow decides it would be a better idea to have Djourou at right-back and Squillaci in the centre (I suppose this could happen if Jenkinson is still not fit to play).

A bit concerned about the effect having to shuffle our defence like this will have; Wolves could trouble us no end on counters/set-pieces if we don't click right away...

I honestly wouldn't mind that line-up at all. It would be good to give Jenkinson a few games. I know it would be better to play him at a home game but I feel Wigan would be more dangerous than Wolves will regardless of whether it's a home/away game. We need Sagna fit for the Chelsea game. That is pivotal in terms of top 4 finishing.
Sagna has been key to our recent success. Losing him, even just for the Wolves game, would cause serious problems, I think.
Original post by milkytea
Sagna has been key to our recent success. Losing him, even just for the Wolves game, would cause serious problems, I think.

I think we are underestimating Wolves, losing this match will make our lives a lot harder.

we need to put out a near full strength team and go for the win.
Original post by Darth Vader 7
I honestly wouldn't mind that line-up at all. It would be good to give Jenkinson a few games. I know it would be better to play him at a home game but I feel Wigan would be more dangerous than Wolves will regardless of whether it's a home/away game. We need Sagna fit for the Chelsea game. That is pivotal in terms of top 4 finishing.

You mean top 3 finishing :ahee:
Original post by TheDizzeeKid

we can't get too cocky, all the "mind the gap" jokes were too early from both sides. lets wait until we are guaranteed fourth/third before we start mocking other teams.

We lose today and we'll be two points ahead of both Sp*rs and Newcastle. Then we'd have to win against Chelsea on the Saturday after and if we fail to do so we could be in 5th place with Chelsea a point behind.

Don't think it is over yet.

3rd isn't guaranteed. After the Stoke game, we'll have a much clearer image of whether we'll finish 3rd or even 6th. Anything can happen and I hope the team doesn't reflect the majority of the fans' arrogance. We aren't entitled to anything and we have to work for every point available.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Kruz
BREAKING: Liverpool's 2012:2013 kit has also been announced, it is as follows;

White Hood
White Cloak

I so want to post this on the Liverpool thread, but I know there will be some butthurt fans

I'm pretty sure they read the Arsenal thread and you'll get negged either way. Best to delete it.
Reply 8435
Original post by Abiraleft
According to this,

"As we understand the situation, with a red card, he would have been less suspended than with one yellow after 10 bookings," the Arsenal manager said. "It is not completely logical."

Surely that can't be right

Kosciency should've just done something sill and gotten a second yellow at final whistle. Argue with the ref or something. Stupid ruling tbh.
Great piece on our fantastic number 1

Original post by 419
"As we understand the situation, with a red card, he would have been less suspended than with one yellow after 10 bookings," the Arsenal manager said. "It is not completely logical."

Surely that can't be right

Kosciency should've just done something sill and gotten a second yellow at final whistle. Argue with the ref or something. Stupid ruling tbh.

That means he'd have 11 yellow cards, that would have given him a 3 match ban, two for getting more than 10 before the 2nd seasonal deadline and another 1 match ban for a red card.

If he had gotten a straight red, he would have been on 9 yellow cards, therefore no 2-match ban, but he would have been banned 3 games for the straight red.

Wenger doesn't make sense, either that or I'm getting something wrong here...
Reply 8437
Original post by In2deep

That means he'd have 11 yellow cards, that would have given him a 3 match ban, two for getting more than 10 before the 2nd seasonal deadline and another 1 match ban for a red card.

If he had gotten a straight red, he would have been on 9 yellow cards, therefore no 2-match ban, but he would have been banned 3 games for the straight red.

My understanding from what Wenger said is that if he had gotten another yellow card, he would only have to serve the automatic 1 game ban you get for two yellows and he would technically still be on 9 yellow cards :dontknow:
Original post by In2deep

I think if Koscielny made a tactical tackle that resulted in a red card he would only get a one game ban with the red card. However, we would've had to play the remaining minutes against City with a man down and I guess we wouldn't have won.
Reply 8439
Original post by In2deep

Why is he still number 53? Almunia needs to **** off and let Szczezny have the number 1 shirt and Almunia's £40k a week added onto his contract.

Latest