The Student Room Group
University logo
Abertay University

Abertay Students 2012!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Ofc it`s cheaper but us internationals don`t have any choice anyway as we can`t sing a lease if we didn`t even study/live here yet. And as Caitlin pointed out, all the best flats are taken already :smile:
+ Viva la halls. No way I am missing out on that as a Fresher :smile:
University logo
Abertay University
Reply 381
C15?
You won't get a decent flat now. All the good flats were taken months ago. Plus, why miss out on halls? I'd go back to Alloway in a heart beat.
Reply 383
Original post by isengard1
Any idea why the BSc of Digital Forensics lasts 4 years and on the website there are only 3 years' modules listed? I wanted to make a comparison between DF and EH, but I'm not able to find the complete syllabus for DF :wink:

Very late response I know but as far as I can see it is just cause it's a new course, your final year will, of course, be an Honours year so you'll be doing 2-3 modules focused on research methods and stuff towards your Honours project with another 1-2 of new work roughly. Tried contacting school office for a better breakdown but got nothing back.
Reply 384
Phooooph, finally caught up - you guys don't half natter on :wink:

Regarding flats, I'm with Caiitlinz and ToastyCoke, Halls are the generally accepted most awesome way of starting off at Uni. it'd be a shame to miss that especially when everyone 2nd-masters students have been stealing any good flats that crop up since January.

Regarding Freshers, yeah my Freshers post got deleted for advertising :frown: but people have described how to find it on Facebook already, loving the idea of you all meeting up and would totally come with show you how a seasoned student drinks but I'll most likely be pouring the drinks for you all week :P

However my recommendation is get the shots of Chartreuse, Silver Bullet & Gold Bullet then you can't go wrong with a Jagerbomb or 6 and with that all said and done.

Brizee encourages you to irresponsibly drink responsibly, for all the facts visit http://www.drinkaware.co.uk/
Reply 385
Oh and last but not least, if any students need clearing information now that Scottish Exam Results are out then check this little graphic I made :P
ClearingImage.png

The telephone number is the Clearing Advice Line, you can't apply for courses over it/

The website lists all the vacancies and lets you apply for them directly on the site.

If you haven't met your condition, I'd definitely urge you to give the advice line a call they'll do as much as they can to help you get on a course :smile:
Reply 386
I'm with Frazer on the pro's of halls is that you meet many different people. Very envious of the face I'm living in a flat. shotgun having pre's at Opal...
Reply 387
Original post by Sly Blade
C15?

Opal flat in block C
Reply 388
Original post by THESHade
Opal flat in block C

oo shiny. thank you. i don't even know how Alloway halls works (thats where i'm staying) never mind opal xD
Hey everyone!:biggrin: im coming to abertay this year to study Psychology! But im not 18 untill next February..
Original post by emilymaybe
Hey everyone!:biggrin: im coming to abertay this year to study Psychology! But im not 18 untill next February..

Don't worry I'm not till next April :/

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 391
Don't worry you will still find many ways to get wasted :biggrin:

Original post by Kgarratley

Age doesn't matter, finding a way to get wrecked does. :wink:
Reply 393
hey ive been offered a place at abertay for adult nursing and was wondering if anyone else is planning on doing the same or are already doing nursing and can let me know what it is like as im undecided ebtween dundee and abertay! thanks
Reply 394

Pfah! I didn't turn 18 until February of my 2nd year lol, I win.
Original post by Brizee
Pfah! I didn't turn 18 until February of my 2nd year lol, I win.

You do win!

Reply 396
On the topic of Halls I think that it's important to meet people (especially in your first year) and halls seem like the perfect way to do that! :smile: Does anyone know when we hear from Opal about what flat you actually get? I know it said some time in August but has anyone heard anything yet?
Reply 397
@ElliotB,
It is in your contract papers, as soon as you finish booking on the website they should email them to you.
Reply 398
Original post by ElliotB
On the topic of Halls I think that it's important to meet people (especially in your first year) and halls seem like the perfect way to do that! :smile: Does anyone know when we hear from Opal about what flat you actually get? I know it said some time in August but has anyone heard anything yet?

What panda said, it's in the format DU1/A01B if I remember right, left of the slash just means Opal 1 Dundee right works out as Block A, Flat 01 Room B.

Would +Rep you panda but I have to + others first :P

What do you mean? Can you start university before ending your high school, in the UK? Here, in Italy, you should at least achieve the high school diploma, and for doing that you must be 18 or 17 :biggrin:

(BTW, I'm going to apply for 2013 course and stay into Opal 1 :smile: )

Quick Reply

Latest