The Student Room Group

When the Examiner says ''You Fail'' or you ''Pass'' how do you feel?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Botticello

Original post by Botticello
No, Im skint :frown:

Me to
Reply 41
Original post by AlmostChicGeek

What an awful way to treat someone. Get over yourself, to laugh at someone because it took them x amount of tries is pretty immature, they could have just given up and decided they were a crap driver, instead they kept going.

i supppose
Reply 42
1st - Oh **** I'll try again
2nd - Not again
3rd - Yes Babbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Reply 43
Judging by your previous posts I am finding it hard believing you an examiner, or maybe your a young or immature one or maybe both.
Original post by twelve
I know anybody who had to do that many tests would disagree with me, but its true that there must be a reason WHY they failed that many times. I know with some people the first time might be because their instructor put them in too early, and second perhaps because of nerves or a geniune mistake, but after that its a bit ridiculous - I mean, people shouldn't book other tests until they have sorted out the mistakes they made before. I failed my first test purely because of nerves, so I could book the second one straight away knowing that confidence was my only issue. My friend failed in her manoevres, and she waited a while before booking her second so that she could practise these more.

Disagree, and I haven't failed 8 times. Personal circumstances can effect the way you drive, i.e I haven't passed yet, but on my previous test I was in so much pain that I was about to cancel it, but remembered that I wouldn't get my money back, so was told why not give it a try and see if I could pass it, but if I didn't no big deal.
Reply 45
Ok op just read your previous thread, you been driving a year and your insurance is almost 3k? Busted..
Original post by E.xaminer~
i supppose

You suppose? What is there to suppose about, your response was insensitive, immature and quite frankly bang out of order.

I'm really very glad that if you are actually an examiner (which I doubt) that you aren't in my area. I would hate to have to sit in a car with you if you laugh at someone who failed a number of times, but kept persevering.
Reply 47
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
It was bittersweet. He passed me and they gave a long list of why I shouldn't have.

Same! hahah :biggrin:

Felt like he was going to revoke my license for some reason :frown:
:erm:

but he didnt! :biggrin:

:smile:
Original post by twelve
I know anybody who had to do that many tests would disagree with me, but its true that there must be a reason WHY they failed that many times. I know with some people the first time might be because their instructor put them in too early, and second perhaps because of nerves or a geniune mistake, but after that its a bit ridiculous - I mean, people shouldn't book other tests until they have sorted out the mistakes they made before. I failed my first test purely because of nerves, so I could book the second one straight away knowing that confidence was my only issue. My friend failed in her manoevres, and she waited a while before booking her second so that she could practise these more.

I agree.. I had a friend take 7 tries and came bloody close to killing 5 of us within 2 months when we went flying off the road due to him being a moron and then writing another car off shortly after.
I was like...

OK - Can I go now? I knew I passed, he told me I passed and then he was telling me how I could improve, I just said I've passed now and I'm leaving. Thanks.
Original post by E.xaminer~
Why are you posting on a forum then? for students not pensioners love

Well, I came on here originally to try to offer help and advice where needed and, unlike you, I know how to speak to people politely and not in a condescending manner. I think I have helped a few people with my advice and hope that I have done so in a supportive way.

I made a point of checking out, before I joined, whether there were any rules that prevented me from doing so and couldn't find any. Since then, I have found most people here pleasant and reasonable even if I haven't always agreed with their opinions. If my presence here is actually against the rules or causes the majority of readers to be uncomfortable, then a simple request will terminate my continuing presence. Until such time as that happens, I will continue to try to help in any way I can.
Reply 51
First test = Probably the worst as I wasn't expecting it, cried a lot.

Second test = Bit upset and annoyed, but 3rd time lucky thinking

Third test = Knew i'd failed halfway through so just wanted to give up then

Fourth = So upset, honestly thought i'd passed :frown: and the examiner passed my mum when coming out of the car and said 'im so sorry' I think she felt bad as I had just started crying when she told me.

I'm pretty positive for my fifth test...I don't know what i'll do if I fail again. Can't wait for when they say i've passed, I think i'll cry with happiness!
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
I agree.. I had a friend take 7 tries and came bloody close to killing 5 of us within 2 months when we went flying off the road due to him being a moron and then writing another car off shortly after.

Clearly he shouldn't have passed then? That is the examiner's and his fault. However, why should every be tarnished by the same brush? Some people are just really nervous and have to get over them, and others fail due to personal circumstances.
Reply 53
Original post by twelve

I've failed my test 4 times, and no I don't think it makes them a bad driver.

First test: Very nervous, got 2 majors.

Second test: Quite nervous and didn't help I had the same examiner who was a grumpy man and spoke to me like a was dirt.

Third test: Failed for lack of observation in bay parking. I know that is an obvious and stupid mistake and I won't forget again, but many people who passed their test years ago probably don't look out their back window when bay parking enough.

Fourth test: Thought i'd passed but messed up on a roundabout that I hate and get nervous on my test whenever I came to it.

Ok so I made stupid mistakes, but it doesn't mean i'm a bad driver. I always signal at roundabouts, always stick to the speed, use my mirrors a lot and check my blind spots. I think a lot of it is to do with confidence, boy racers may have passed their test first time, but at the end of the day they are more likely to run someone over by speeding doing 50 in a 30 zone then me.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 54
Disagree, and I haven't failed 8 times. Personal circumstances can effect the way you drive, i.e I haven't passed yet, but on my previous test I was in so much pain that I was about to cancel it, but remembered that I wouldn't get my money back, so was told why not give it a try and see if I could pass it, but if I didn't no big deal.

Okay, I see your point, but are personal circumstances really going to affect you 6 times? Once or twice if you're really unlucky. Like you said, you were in a lot of pain - but once you failed you were hardly going to book it until you were sure you wouldn't be in the same pain next time (at least, anyone with sense would do that!)
Original post by twelve
Okay, I see your point, but are personal circumstances really going to affect you 6 times? Once or twice if you're really unlucky. Like you said, you were in a lot of pain - but once you failed you were hardly going to book it until you were sure you wouldn't be in the same pain next time (at least, anyone with sense would do that!)

Perhaps, perhaps not. Still, I think putting extra pressure on drivers by saying they should get a limited amount of tries is unfair. You can be that unlucky, and examiners don't pass bad drivers, just because they have taken the test so many times. :smile:
Reply 56
Original post by slacker07906
First test- upset
Second test- devastated
Third test- Suicidal
Fourth test- “what again? Oh ok”
Fifth test- “its ok...no really I'm immune to it now”
Sixth test- “this is killing me inside”
Seventh test- I'm going to take one more test...
Eighth test- “WHAT??? WAIT...I PASSED???...about f****** time”.

Sums it up.

Pretty much this. After having 5 out of 9 tests with the same examiner, he finally said those magical words everyone dreams of hearing.. 'Congratulations, you've passed'. :biggrin:
Reply 57
U are clearly not an examiner.. plus I just read a few other threads of urs on this forum, yeah def not an examiner.
Reply 58
Original post by Emma-Ashley

Original post by Emma-Ashley
Well, I came on here originally to try to offer help and advice where needed and, unlike you, I know how to speak to people politely and not in a condescending manner. I think I have helped a few people with my advice and hope that I have done so in a supportive way.

I made a point of checking out, before I joined, whether there were any rules that prevented me from doing so and couldn't find any. Since then, I have found most people here pleasant and reasonable even if I haven't always agreed with their opinions. If my presence here is actually against the rules or causes the majority of readers to be uncomfortable, then a simple request will terminate my continuing presence. Until such time as that happens, I will continue to try to help in any way I can.

Sorry, you have just a right to be on here as anyone else, just wound me up that because I'm an examiner you called Mr pathetic for posting on here.
I am sure many people are supportive of the advice you give, I'm happy for you to stay, got no problems with that whatsoever
Reply 59
Original post by Hevinha

Original post by Hevinha
U are clearly not an examiner.. plus I just read a few other threads of urs on this forum, yeah def not an examiner.

Am a examiner

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending