The Student Room Group

4th attempt for driving

i’ve got my 4th driving test on friday 13th (i know 😬)

i’m really nervous for it bc it’s expensive and can’t reallyyy afford to keep doing it. i’ve driven in my car with my dad as the supervisor and both him and my instructor say i’m a really good driver which is why it’s frustrating when i fail.

test 1- had soo many majors but was all due to nerves

test 2- examiner mumbles a lottt and didn’t hear him say right lane for roundabout 2nd exit (was after 12 o’clock) he also used dual pedals bc he thought i was pulling out on a van when i was just trying to get a better view.

test 3- she took me on roads i wasn’t familiar with and that threw me. also didn't have the satnav but knew that wasn’t going to be a pass bc it didn’t feel like my best drive (she only failed me for speed)

all those examiners kept saying ti me the rest of my driving is really good. that’s also why jt frustrates me.

anyone have tips on how i can stay calm and not fail please? Thanks!☺️
Reply 1
If your nervous, try and get a test in the afternoon and take a driving lesson before the test.

Also get some rest as well before the day.
Original post by liv.jane44
i’ve got my 4th driving test on friday 13th (i know 😬)

i’m really nervous for it bc it’s expensive and can’t reallyyy afford to keep doing it. i’ve driven in my car with my dad as the supervisor and both him and my instructor say i’m a really good driver which is why it’s frustrating when i fail.

test 1- had soo many majors but was all due to nerves

test 2- examiner mumbles a lottt and didn’t hear him say right lane for roundabout 2nd exit (was after 12 o’clock) he also used dual pedals bc he thought i was pulling out on a van when i was just trying to get a better view.

test 3- she took me on roads i wasn’t familiar with and that threw me. also didn't have the satnav but knew that wasn’t going to be a pass bc it didn’t feel like my best drive (she only failed me for speed)

all those examiners kept saying ti me the rest of my driving is really good. that’s also why jt frustrates me.

anyone have tips on how i can stay calm and not fail please? Thanks!☺️

How did you do? I will be having my driving test soon so just checking for advice :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Ambiguous Super
How did you do? I will be having my driving test soon so just checking for advice :smile:

I finally passed!!

i’d say for me was to relax (easier said than done ik) i also imagined it was a mate or family member next to me. my instructor said to pretend that the examiner is playing angry birds when they’re typing on the iPad things

how did it go for you (if you’ve had it)??
Reply 4
I finally passed!!

i’d say for me was to relax (easier said than done ik) i also imagined it was a mate or family member next to me. my instructor said to pretend that the examiner is playing angry birds when they’re typing on the iPad things

Welll doneee! Got my test soon so getting ready lol
I finally passed!!

I have not had mine yet. Congratulations :smile:)
Any tips?
Original post by Faultybot
If your nervous, try and get a test in the afternoon and take a driving lesson before the test.

Also get some rest as well before the day.

Thats the complete oppasite to what I wouldve said. I would have it late morning. Gets it out of the way sooner and less chance to worry for even longer, plus can have a lesson still.
Reply 7
Original post by AvfcWalpole7
Thats the complete oppasite to what I wouldve said. I would have it late morning. Gets it out of the way sooner and less chance to worry for even longer, plus can have a lesson still.

Late morning is still good. You want to get it after morning rush and before lunchtime as it would be the quietest time. I didn't get a lesson in the morning before my test as it was 8 in the morning also it was a few days afterwards. I did have to sit in the morning rush hour traffic though. 🙃

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending