The Student Room Group

first mock test

just finished my first mock test and didnt go well to say the least, its a new instructor and im not used to the car yet at all which explains why i got 3 serious faults for stalling on 3 seperate occasions 😭

overall i got 10 minors and 5 serious faults, how was your first mock tests and is this what i should be expecting?
Original post by MoDesignss
just finished my first mock test and didnt go well to say the least, its a new instructor and im not used to the car yet at all which explains why i got 3 serious faults for stalling on 3 seperate occasions 😭

overall i got 10 minors and 5 serious faults, how was your first mock tests and is this what i should be expecting?

Ah, that sounds stressful! When's your exam?

I didn't actually do a mock test but passed my test second time round. BUT I did my test in my dad's car the second time round, rather than my instructor's (who decided to retire a few weeks before my test) and it meant I could practice a lot in it. If you want to do the same, all you need to do is to put an extra mirror in your car for the examiner. They'll have their own sat nav so don't worry about that.

If you want to do it in your examiner's, then just practise as much as you can and maybe ask for extra lessons so you can get used to the car??
Good luck!
Reply 2
my exam is booked for a while away but i am looking for cancellations at the end of may, ill probably use my instructors car. after the mock test we had another hour left and i think i definitely got a LOT better at driving his car and hopefully when we do our next mock test soon I will pass 🙌🙌

ill probably ask for extra lessons but hes part time, only on weekends lmao
my exam is booked for a while away but i am looking for cancellations at the end of may, ill probably use my instructors car. after the mock test we had another hour left and i think i definitely got a LOT better at driving his car and hopefully when we do our next mock test soon I will pass 🙌🙌

ill probably ask for extra lessons but hes part time, only on weekends lmao

Oh great! As crazy as this sounds, I actually told myself that I'd already failed when I started the test, and it actually made me calmer and more confident because I felt like I couldn't anything wrong any more.
The main thing is to stay calm and keep your eyes focussed on the road-even if your instructor and examiner is taking notes, ignore them. It won't necessary mean you've made a mistake because they write down both the good and bad things you do :-)

Ah that sucks!
Reply 4
Original post by squirrelmonkey12
Oh great! As crazy as this sounds, I actually told myself that I'd already failed when I started the test, and it actually made me calmer and more confident because I felt like I couldn't anything wrong any more.
The main thing is to stay calm and keep your eyes focussed on the road-even if your instructor and examiner is taking notes, ignore them. It won't necessary mean you've made a mistake because they write down both the good and bad things you do :-)

Ah that sucks!

appreciate the advice !
My first few mock tests I failed. Only 1 serious’s though but oh well, the important thing is that you learn from it.
Reply 6
passed my 2nd mock test today 🤯
passed my 2nd mock test today 🤯

Well done! 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending