The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by techno836
oh yes although sheffield will be my second choice after leeds ... i keep information canstant :smile: ... and i can recognise them lips (and tounge) anywhere :L :smile:

This is essentially going to be a True Blood themed conversation now, but did you happen to catch Season 5 online?

I got into Leeds too and chose here. :tongue:
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by lizolove
This is essentially going to be a True Blood themed conversation now, but did you happen to catch Season 5 online?

I got into Leeds too and chose here. :tongue:

noo im going to wait until it is on over here :smile: but i missed some season 4 episodes :frown: .... do you know where i could watch any episode online xD :smile:
Reply 782
noo im going to wait until it is on over here :smile: but i missed some season 4 episodes :frown: .... do you know where i could watch any episode online xD :smile:

I think Sidereel will do them. Or they are out on DVD.
You will be blown away by season 5.
AMAZING. Hurry up and watch them please... give in. I need to talk to somebody about them!

SO MUCH HAPPENS. DNGKDGKDFGJD
I think Sidereel will do them. Or they are out on DVD.
You will be blown away by season 5.
AMAZING. Hurry up and watch them please... give in. I need to talk to somebody about them!

SO MUCH HAPPENS. DNGKDGKDFGJD

i shall have a look later :smile: and tell you if it does :smile: .....and if i shall watch it :L
Reply 784
i shall have a look later :smile: and tell you if it does :smile: .....and if i shall watch it :L

Do it...
It is seriously amazing. I watched it, and now I can watch it again in summer when it's back... it's THAT good.
Definitely buying it on DVD.

So much goes on, you must see it.
Do it...
It is seriously amazing. I watched it, and now I can watch it again in summer when it's back... it's THAT good.
Definitely buying it on DVD.

So much goes on, you must see it.

okay okay ... but i need to see the episodes i missed aswell :smile: that is 2 of season 2 and 3 of season 4 :smile: then i shall watch season 5 :smile:
Reply 786
okay okay ... but i need to see the episodes i missed aswell :smile: that is 2 of season 2 and 3 of season 4 :smile: then i shall watch season 5 :smile:

Watch themmmmmm!
Season 5 is confusing at the start though. Just message me if you don't get it. It confused me for a few episodes, but I kind of realised what was happening half way through. (':
Watch themmmmmm!
Season 5 is confusing at the start though. Just message me if you don't get it. It confused me for a few episodes, but I kind of realised what was happening half way through. (':

okay :smile: ... i hope this website works .... all the ones ive tried need a survey done or is unavailable for 'my region' :angry: :L
Reply 788
okay :smile: ... i hope this website works .... all the ones ive tried need a survey done or is unavailable for 'my region' :angry: :L

That sucks! As soon as you catch up, go on this link, and we can discuss it! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2100733
Otherwise, it'll clog up this thread. :tongue:
Enjoy the episodes. They're such an improvement on Seasons 1-4 (not that it seemed possible...)
That sucks! As soon as you catch up, go on this link, and we can discuss it! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2100733
Enjoy the episodes. They're such an improvement on Seasons 1-4 (not that it seemed possible...)

i shall :smile: .... and it starts on 17th over here xD

oooh just a random question xD

do you watch game of thrones ??? :L :/
Reply 791
i shall :smile: .... and it starts on 17th over here xD

Of September?! Presumably not on Freeview (won't have access to Sky soon), so it's a good job I've already seen it!
Reply 792
oooh just a random question xD

do you watch game of thrones ??? :L :/

Nope, sorry! :tongue:
Nope, sorry! :tongue:

ahh okay then :smile:
Reply 794
After being asked by somebody to give details of campuses, here's a brief amount of information I know of:

- Endcliffe is the busiest campus. It is the central, main one and has the highest population.
- Ranmoor is of a lower population, furthest away (by 5 minutes), but if often favoured from the city centre, as it is generally quieter.
- City centre campus I know little about, but I hear it is louder, as it is obviously central. It is ideal for people who are unable to walk far or who would prefer not to. It is location near the IC (major library).

Room types:
- If you access SHEF.AC.UK, you will find videos of single rooms and double rooms too. I will attempt to attach pictures at a later date, but if urgent, please access the website, as I have a poor phone and poor laptop (#studentlife!)
- I have attempted to attach a single room photo on this page, but knowing me, it may fail. (It is a friend's room when she left... - sorry Liv, I stole the photo! :tongue:)
- 576990_4048988940480_1449693148_n.jpg

As for deluxes, there should be images somewhere, but if not, I will attempt to upload one later. I personally think it's worth the extra money if you want the space. The bathrooms are about 6ftx6ft as opposed to about 3ftx3ft.
If you have a preference to larger space, I'd recommend it. It worked out as £300 more for me for the year, and I'm glad I did it. It was more spacious and comfortable.
I'm sorry I couldn't be more help, but if anybody has details of any campuses (particular Ranmoor and the city centre), please share it, as I am only really knowledgeable on Endcliffe.

Also, please, if you want information on Endcliffe, please check through earlier posts rather than asking again. The first few pages involve a large amount on accommodation if you are looking for that. I realise there are lots of pages, but it would help if you looked at a few of the earlier pages. :smile:
Also, please post your questions on this forum rather than personal messaging, as it helps answer issues others may have.

Thanks. :smile:
Reply 795
I was hoping for 4A's, but only got ABBB (AS), what are my chances of getting into Biochemistry at Sheffield (AAA-AAB accepting General Studies). Also, do I have a better chance applying for the BSc. instead of the 4 year MSc. or are entry standards the same? Thank you :smile:
Reply 796
Original post by Wolfugger
I was hoping for 4A's, but only got ABBB (AS), what are my chances of getting into Biochemistry at Sheffield (AAA-AAB accepting General Studies). Also, do I have a better chance applying for the BSc. instead of the 4 year MSc. or are entry standards the same? Thank you :smile:

Generally, universities will base their decision on PREDICTED grades, not attained grades at AS. So, if your teachers believe you are capable of AAA, you will be more likely to receive an offer for a place. This of course, is at the discretion of your teachers however, so you must work hard in order to prove your capability to them. :smile:

I am not sure in particular, but in terms of applications, it will most likely be the same. Requirements, you will be able to find at http://www.shef.ac.uk under the 'undergraduate' link and then under 'courses', or alternatively at UCAS.com :smile:
Original post by Bobbler
I know for a fact £10,000 of that was caused by one flat who destroyed absolutely everything in their kitchen. They smashed windows, pulled the oven out of the worktop, put a hole in the wall and just generally destroyed everything. So even if incidents half as bad as that happened I can see v quickly how it can get up to that level & appear as if they're swindling people.

Sure, there may have been a flat like that. I didn't hear of it but ok.

However that gives me your opinion on one point, and goes no way in negating the reputation the university has among it's students regarding it, and the facts I stated are just that...facts.

Listen, I enjoy my time at the university of sheffield, don't get me wrong, but there are a number of quirks that I think if I would have known about before hand I would have gone somewhere else.
I want to apply for mechanical engineering at sheffield, and already have a level grades of A* in maths and physics, and A in biology and chemistry. However this is my backup, and I will also be applying to 4 medical schools (including Sheffield). I will therefore have a personal statement dedicated to medicine... will they reject me from engineering because of this despite the good grades?
Reply 799
Original post by dmccririck
I want to apply for mechanical engineering at sheffield, and already have a level grades of A* in maths and physics, and A in biology and chemistry. However this is my backup, and I will also be applying to 4 medical schools (including Sheffield). I will therefore have a personal statement dedicated to medicine... will they reject me from engineering because of this despite the good grades?

This isn't a question that any of us can really answer, I'd recommend calling the department and asking them. Are you set on doing Medicine, or are you opting to do Mechanical Engineering in case you change your mind or just aren't offered a place?

If the first, I'd recommend just applying to Med schools, but maybe Sheffield as a choice. This way, you can aim your personal statement only on Medicine. You sadly only get 4000 characters, not a lot when writing it.
Since you've already achieved the grades though (well done!), you are more than likely to get a place, so if Mechanical engineering is a 'backup' for Medicine, it will probably be more difficult to get a Medicine place if you include Mechanical engineering in your personal statement.

I know that sometimes the university may allow for a 'second' personal statement to be sent, but this is at the discretion of the university. If you contact them, they may allow you to send a further 4000 characters on mechanical engineering, but you will have to get their permission first.

Hope this helps.

(Go on the mechanical engineering website for the university and try contacting the admissions phoneline). :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending