The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

I am at the university of Sheffield, ask me anything!

Hi, I am a uni student going into the second year at UoS. I am studying electronic and electrical engineering. Feel free to ask me anything about student accommodation, uni life, the city of Sheffield, my course etc.
I am just putting this post out there if you're like me, who was really scared about freshers and uni this time last year. Best of luck everyone :smile:
Reply 1
Hi, I am looking to study engineering as well. What reading would you advise to get a head start on the course?

Cheers.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Original post by bluebee7
Hi, I am looking to study engineering as well. What reading would you advise to get a head start on the course?

Cheers.

Hey, thanks for your message.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend any specific book, but there is some preparation you could do.

What engineering are you looking to study? My main advice would be to develop your maths skills, especially calculus and complex numbers (depending on what engineering you're doing) as confidence in maths means that you can focus on the physics and specified content. Essentially, if you didn't do further maths, I would have a look at that level of maths.

Learn a programming language, typically C or Python, if you've learnt one, learn the other and work on some personal projects.

Hope this was helpful, please feel free to let me know if you have any more questions.
Original post by arthur23
Hi, I am a uni student going into the second year at UoS. I am studying electronic and electrical engineering. Feel free to ask me anything about student accommodation, uni life, the city of Sheffield, my course etc.
I am just putting this post out there if you're like me, who was really scared about freshers and uni this time last year. Best of luck everyone :smile:

Is it possible to switch course? I am currently enrolled onto physics but I’ve had a last minute think and want to do aerospace engineering, do you know if it’s possible to do so? Thanks.
Original post by arthur23

Do you get a uni email account that allows you to access the benefits of Microsoft Student, such as the 1TB of one drive space? Or a university work/school account?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending