The Student Room Group

Psychology, where to apply.. :( :(

I'm on my sister's account and looking for a bit of advice.. :h:

I'm currently in the process of applying for psychology but can't decide which uni to

pick, the two I'm most torn between include: oxford brookes and UEA.. :frown:

They both want exactly the same grades and are both equally accredited but I

haven't actually had the chance to go visit. So, is there one which anyone would

recommend over the other and any particular reason why?

THANK YOUU!!:redface:
Reply 1
- Try looking at the modules they offer and see whether one interests you more than the other.
- If there's a placement year at one or if it's a sandwich course you may benefit better if you want to go into psychology later as you get experience included into your degree.
- Maybe look at the research of the people working there and see if there are any particular people you would want to work with.

I think they're both fairly good universities for psychology; not top 15 really, but probably #15-30, so fairly good.
Reply 2
I'd say UEA has a better reputation that Ox Brookes, if that's the kind of thing that's important to you. I've heard that UEA is particularly good for social psychology but I don't know where Ox Brookes' specialities lie so maybe that's something you could look into. Apart from that, you could just think about which you'd prefer location-wise. I live near Norwich and it's a lovely city. The UEA is a bit out of the centre but you can easily get a bus. The people I know at UEA love it there, and I think the music scene there is great if you're into that. I've only visited Oxford once and it seemed a great place too. If I were you then I try to visit them both if at all possible, otherwise look around the websites and see if they have a virtual tour or photos that may help you decide. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest