The Student Room Group

Where can I do work experience in London when I’m 15?

I have no idea how to go about this or where to apply. Preferably I would like to do something revolved around Journalism, psychology or criminology but considering my age I don’t think I’d be able to apply. Any suggestions or tips would be great x
Original post by IBella09
I have no idea how to go about this or where to apply. Preferably I would like to do something revolved around Journalism, psychology or criminology but considering my age I don’t think I’d be able to apply. Any suggestions or tips would be great x
Hi!

On the journalism side of things, you could still apply for media companies in your city. I had classmates who did work experience at small news companies in year 10, so its totally doable! Try having a look at your local council as well, sometimes their work experience involve PR/media as well. It's very loosely related to journalism, but you might find it helpful :smile:

You're probably not going to find direct clinical psychology work experience at this age, you're totally right about that. I guess it depends whether you are seeking work experience to understand the career path more, or if you are trying to develop skills to propel you towards it? If you're just trying to understand psychology further, websites like SpringPod offer virtual work experience (I can see they offer a forensic psychology one as well). If your local hospital offers it - sometimes hospitals will offer work experience weeks. It wouldn't give you a direct view of what a psychologist does as you most likely won't be shadowing one, but it is helpful in understanding how the environment of where some psychologists may work in (health psychologists in particular).

Hope thats helped!

~ Fatiha, Cardiff University Student Rep
Reply 2
Thank you, this is definitely helpful! I’ll look into the media side of things as it’s likely to be easier to find something due to my age. I have relatives who work within psychology so I’ll probably ask them eventually but it would be nice to find something on my own.
Original post by IBella09
Thank you, this is definitely helpful! I’ll look into the media side of things as it’s likely to be easier to find something due to my age. I have relatives who work within psychology so I’ll probably ask them eventually but it would be nice to find something on my own.

No worries! Best of luck with the work experience hunting!

~ Fatiha, Cardiff University Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest