The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ToTheBar
Thanks Lawrasawrus!

Hi Lawrasawrus and ToTheBar - would you mind sending it to me too? I've heard back from 7 and 5EC were the only ones to reject me... I'm curious to know why!

Thanks and good luck!
Reply 1401
Original post by Mini Pupil
Yes, I've got through every test so far, and have completed the most recent one. How can I help?

I'm not looking for any help, I was more just curious if everyone has gotten through and invited to all of the online testing or if people have been shortlisted (by not passing the tests) along the way..... i.e. are 100% of original applicants still in the running 3 tests later
Reply 1402
9-12 Bell Yard have sent invites via email this evening.
Original post by hunky
I'm not looking for any help, I was more just curious if everyone has gotten through and invited to all of the online testing or if people have been shortlisted (by not passing the tests) along the way..... i.e. are 100% of original applicants still in the running 3 tests later

People have definitely failed. No idea how many left though.
Reply 1404
Original post by TakeTwo
9-12 Bell Yard have sent invites via email this evening.

Aw man I do hope they're staggered :frown:

But congrats to you, they're quite impressive :smile:
Reply 1405
Thank you, and they may well be - good luck. They are only interviewing 40 this year, as opposed to their usual 60-80 - and indicator of tough times?

Original post by Mmmbop

Only 40 at 9-12 this year? Wow, that's either a sign of the times, or just better odds for the lucky ones. I'm told there's no advocacy exercise in round 1 this year, which is surprising.
Good morning all. Does anyone happen to have experience of a 1st round interview at Fountain Court? Any pointers as to type and scope of questions would be most appreciated indeed.
Reply 1408
Original post by Mini Pupil
Only 40 at 9-12 this year? Wow, that's either a sign of the times, or just better odds for the lucky ones. I'm told there's no advocacy exercise in round 1 this year, which is surprising.

So I gather from the invitation email. Did Will tell you (re no bail app) on the phone? Not surprising after the number of people on here that said they made a hash of it last year!
Reply 1409
Has anyone had a rejection from 9-12 Bell Yard?
Original post by Mmmbop

Still waiting expectantly for mine. I think the lack of invite is tantamount to a rejection though if I'm being realistic!

On another note, what do people think about the CPS versus the independent Bar? If people were in an ideal (and entirely hypothetical!) situation with an offer from both - which would they take? Purely out of interest.
Hallo all. I've been following this thread for several days now and I can't bear it any longer. I have to ask, has anyone heard anything, anything at all (other than the acknowledgement of application) from:

1 Chancery Lane
QEB Hollis Whiteman
39 Essex Street
Outer Temple
12 KBW
2 TG
7 BR

or indeed Pallant in Chichester?

I'd really appreciate it so that I can get on rather than jumping every time the phone rings. Thanks
Reply 1412
Just received my expected rejection letter from Lamb Building.
Original post by Mmmbop

VERY IMPORTANT:

I have just found my 9-12 invitation in MY SPAM FOLDER!! Gmail thinks it's SPAM. please everyone check this folder!!!
Has anyone heard from essex court plz? I'm fed up of waiting now, my life seems to be currently revolving around olpas
Original post by Evening_Standard
VERY IMPORTANT:

I have just found my 9-12 invitation in MY SPAM FOLDER!! Gmail thinks it's SPAM. please everyone check this folder!!!

Sorry, I should have mentioned this, mine was in spam as well.
Any word from Old Square?
Reply 1417
Original post by wantobeathebar
Still waiting expectantly for mine. I think the lack of invite is tantamount to a rejection though if I'm being realistic!

On another note, what do people think about the CPS versus the independent Bar? If people were in an ideal (and entirely hypothetical!) situation with an offer from both - which would they take? Purely out of interest.

Sad times, totally waiting for the rejection. I may be in the minority here but in an ideal (dream world) I would choose the CPS one. I've always wanted the CPS so its an easier choice for me.
Original post by Mmmbop

I'm pretty sure that they rejected by silence last year. I'm therefore not feeling hopeful, as I haven't heard anything yet...
In an idea world I'd want to go to the independent bar, despite wanting to prosecute. The application process for the CPS alone has made me consider what a functionary, officious place it must be. Add that to previous experience of working in the civil service, and the fact that every truly terrible advocate I've ever seen has been employed by the CPS, it's a no brainer.

Having said that, if they were my only offer I'd bite their hands off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending