The Student Room Group

The Cambridge 2012 Results Day Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by the_russian
So I applied for Geog at St johns and got pooled so had another interview and got an offer from Trinity College for Geog. How strange!.. My offer is A*AA including Geog (funny this as it didnt even say excluding Russian which I do as an extra A level cause it's my home lang).....anyway question is anyone got an offer for Trinity for Geog? Or may be just for Trinity? Or for Geog?

Hiii :smile:
I've got an offer for bio natsci. Mine is A*A*A though :/ not really surprised because my interview was horrendous lol!
Original post by CSG
Of course you'll get the grades! :biggrin: *personal cheerleader*

Thanks! XD Your comment made me smile so much, I do hope I'll get to join you in October. It is rather cool to have my own personal cheerleader... :smile:
Reply 582
Original post by MozzaTheUnready
Thanks! XD Your comment made me smile so much, I do hope I'll get to join you in October. It is rather cool to have my own personal cheerleader... :smile:

You think it's cool now but just wait 'til I call you in the middle of the night and make you study! :colone: :ninja:
It's the most amazing and surreal idea for a tripos. I just hope that I do actually get the grades, as I can't imagine studying anything else... :s-smilie:

Oh, what have you applied for at other unis? Is it almost the same or quite different (I can't imagine that many offer anything THAT similar)?

Original post by LJ1994
Missing a Cambridge offer would just be so unbelievably painful. That's what I'm gonna have to keep telling myself while I am crying over my revision haha

It'd be so much worse than being rejected, because it'd be all your fault. People think I'm being overdramatic when I say that I feel sick when I think about missing it, but I genuinely do! I have my offer letter pinned above my desk, so that when I'm trying to avoid working I just have to look at it and I'm remotivated (in theory...)
Did anybody else here get through to the Cambridge Union Schools Competiton final day? I'm really looking forward to getting to go down to Cambridge again.
Original post by muse_of_fire
Oh, what have you applied for at other unis? Is it almost the same or quite different (I can't imagine that many offer anything THAT similar)?

Classics at KCL, St Andrews, Manchester and Reading. It's old languages at least :/ The personal statement was a bit of a nightmare, as I couldn't mention any of the courses by name.
Original post by CSG
You think it's cool now but just wait 'til I call you in the middle of the night and make you study! :colone: :ninja:

Indeed, medieval irish poetry won't write essays on itself! Oooh, I'm getting so excited !! :biggrin:
Reply 587
Original post by earn1992
Hello :biggrin:
I've got the same A*A*AA condition, but for law!

Hey :smile: I'm a Magdalene Law offer holder :smile:
I need AAA at scottish advanced higher :/
Reply 588
Original post by ben-smith
Christ's maths offer holder:biggrin:

yey :smile: whats your offer?! do you know when anything will come through about accomodation?
Reply 589
Original post by la343
Hi! I'm a Christ's offer holder for Nat Sci :biggrin:

Hi! :smile: yey finding more people :smile: same question to you as to ben smith, have you heard or do you know when we'll hear about accomodation!?
Reply 590
Original post by rem123
Hey :smile: I'm a Magdalene Law offer holder :smile:
I need AAA at scottish advanced higher :/

Hello:biggrin:

Sorry to jump in but hi :smile: I'm a Magdalene PPS offer holder! Not that many for Magdalene on here..
Reply 592

Still can't believe I got accepted! Feels like the interview was only yesterday :smile:
Reply 593
Original post by alexsasg
Sorry to jump in but hi :smile: I'm a Magdalene PPS offer holder! Not that many for Magdalene on here..

Hi there!
Hopefully we'll all see one another this year. If I do meet my conditions, that is:biggrin:
Reply 594
Original post by rem123
Still can't believe I got accepted! Feels like the interview was only yesterday :smile:

My latest interview was actually not long ago. I initially applied to another college but got pooled and was invited for another interview at Magdalene. Then they gave me the offer! :biggrin:

Hi there!
Hopefully we'll all see one another this year. If I do meet my conditions, that is:biggrin:

Yeah, hopefully! Same - I keep worrying that I'm not going to get an A*. I guess I really ought to start working, I don't think I could live with myself if I missed the offer..
Reply 596
My latest interview was actually not long ago. I initially applied to another college but got pooled and was invited for another interview at Magdalene. Then they gave me the offer! :biggrin:

Cool, what college were you pooled from?

I love Magdalene :smile: I thought the interviewers were so nice :smile: x
Original post by bethky
yey :smile: whats your offer?! do you know when anything will come through about accomodation?

A*AA +1,1 in STEP II and III
Classics at KCL, St Andrews, Manchester and Reading. It's old languages at least :/ The personal statement was a bit of a nightmare, as I couldn't mention any of the courses by name.

Oh gosh, I can imagine! :s-smilie: I thought it was bad enough writing one for English Literature: there's actually a lot of variation in courses, so in the end I decided to just write about what I was interested in and to hope that they were impressed by that. You seem to have applied for a really nice selection of universities: I applied to Cambridge, Durham, Warwick, Sheffield and UEA, and I'm starting to regret my choices a little :/
Original post by la343
Hi! I'm a Christ's offer holder for Nat Sci :biggrin:

Same!

Important question is, Bio or Phys?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending