The Student Room Group

AQA M2 (MM2B) Discussion Thread -- January 2012 (25/01/12)

Scroll to see replies

Retake it is I think. I've got completely different answers from everyone :s-smilie:
What did people get for the one where it asked you to calculate u in terms of a and g?
Reply 62
i got u = 3 sqrt ag / sqrt 9ag .... im pretty sure it is correct.
Reply 63
I'm pretty sure I got the U = ... question slightly wrong, I know the answer is 3 sqrt ag, but i put something slightly different. Do you reckon they'll do 'error carried forward' for the ratio question afterwards..?
Original post by jordan-s
I'm pretty sure I got the U = ... question slightly wrong, I know the answer is 3 sqrt ag, but i put something slightly different. Do you reckon they'll do 'error carried forward' for the ratio question afterwards..?

i hope so!! because i got u slightly wrong aswell i got sqrt 5ag i think because i got 5:1 as the ratio it cancelled out perfectly it was weird but by the sounds of things mines wrong :frown:
Original post by ryan_2504
Acceleration = 1.71ms^-2
Frictional force = 13.6N
Distance = 2.12
Total distance = 7.12

I got the two circular motion questions wrong, despite having gone through every past CM question :frown: should still get some method marks hopefully.

Anyone get v=0.5(1+e^-10t) and the time to be something like 0.23s???

Got all the same answers except the acceleration.
I put down a=0.25ms^-2
got it from D=25v V=15
D=375n m=1500
d=ma
375=1500a?
a=0.25ms^-2??? What has happened
Original post by scottb3scott
Got all the same answers except the acceleration.
I put down a=0.25ms^-2
got it from D=25v V=15
D=375n m=1500
d=ma
375=1500a?
a=0.25ms^-2??? What has happened

I'm sure I answered this for you in another post. You didn't taking into account the Maximum Power/Velcoity = Max Force therfore Force = Max Force - 375 = ma
Can anyone scan in some model answers? or when is the mark scheme released? do you have to wait until after results today? in which case im not bothered

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending