The Student Room Group

What jobs can a psychology graduate do?

I originally wanted to become a clinical psychologist, and although my course is BPS accredited, I just feel like given how competitive the clin psych doct is, someone from my university (Bournemouth) would never have a shot at it. I've only just realised this, and now I'm working without any goals or aims, which I hate because the goal of becoming a clinical psychologist was motivating me.

If you're a clin psych graduate, would you mind posting what Uni you did your course at, the grade you achieved and what youre currently doing now. :rolleyes:
Reply 1
Why do you feel you wouldn't have a chance with it?

Psychology graduates can go on to do pretty much anything.
Reply 2
Original post by skotch
Psychology graduates can go on to do pretty much anything.

That's what our lecturers keep hammering home. I'm doing Forensic Psychology and they've just recently put a cap on a lot of jobs. So our lecturers keep telling us we can do all sorts of jobs with a psychology degree.

Manager at McDonalds.
Reply 3
shrink
Reply 4
But bare in mind that it's not just what you're learning, it's also the skills that you're developing e.g. presentation skills, ability to come up with a research idea, the ability to run many different types of experiment, data analysis, ability to research and write an essay and a lab report etc. etc.
Original post by becca_c
That's what our lecturers keep hammering home. I'm doing Forensic Psychology and they've just recently put a cap on a lot of jobs. So our lecturers keep telling us we can do all sorts of jobs with a psychology degree.

Manager at McDonalds.

I've applied to do forensic psychology next year. Where do you study it?
Reply 6
a lot of graduate jobs in HR ask for psychology degrees
If I'm not mistaken, Psychology graduates can work as statisticians due to the study of statistical methods and theory in their degree.
Reply 8
Original post by littleone271
I've applied to do forensic psychology next year. Where do you study it?

University of Central Lancashire :smile:
Reply 9
Anything really because the degree has alot of transferable skills most popular sectors are: Health, Forensics/Crime, Education, Sports, Clinical based, Retail/HR/Business

posabilities are endless

Quick Reply

Latest