The Student Room Group

Psychology Graduate

I have no idea what career path to take i have no interest in pursuing a career in Psychology anymore and I just don’t know what to do. Any advice?
me 2
Reply 2
One way of seeing a psychology degree is that it benefits you in any job where you have to deal with people. Luckily for you thats pretty much any company out there.
There are so many opportunities for psychology graduates which aren’t directly psychology related.
Try have a broad think about what area you would like to work with, you can always try a few career match quizzes and try reflect on them.
Best of luck!
Original post by RRT99
I have no idea what career path to take i have no interest in pursuing a career in Psychology anymore and I just don’t know what to do. Any advice?

RRT99

Hello! I've just completed my MSc in Psychology which has given me great career progression working in Education.

I meet a lot of psychology students who do not want to progress there are lots of options out there, perhaps too many to comprehend all at once

Typically private sector companies love psychology graduates for their Graduate programs which fast track people to management. Back in the day they used to be advertised on websites like Indeed

Have you considered teaching - you could do a PGCE and teach Psychology and perhaps teach something on Access to HE like health studies or sociology too. A level 5 in education and training means you could teach in a college - although a lot of other applicants will have the full PGCE

You could potentially do a Masters in social work?

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending