The Student Room Group

What can I do a with a psychology degree?

Hi! I’ve graduates with psychology and i am currently working as admin in school. It’s not the best but not the worst job ever and it gives me some money to live off, but I really want to use my degree.

What are some jobs I could go into I would prefer things which do not require postgraduate education as I struggled a lot during university and just can’t see myself going through that again.
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by Maryammiah1301
Hi! I’ve graduates with psychology and i am currently working as admin in school. It’s not the best but not the worst job ever and it gives me some money to live off, but I really want to use my degree.

What are some jobs I could go into I would prefer things which do not require postgraduate education as I struggled a lot during university and just can’t see myself going through that again.

Hi Maryammiah1301,

You could possibly go and apply to become a Behavioral Disorder Counselor, the job is to mainly help patients overcome Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders, drug and alcohol addiction, and other behavioural problems. You will need to meet with patients to provide counselling sessions to diagnose the problem and recommend treatment. On top of that, you might also have to work with their family members to build a strong support system for the patient.

This role is suitable for you as you're currently holding an undergraduate traditional or online degree in psychology, which is required. However, advanced practice as a behavioural counsellor will require a Master’s Degree.

Hope this helps, all the best for your job search Maryammiah1301!

Best wishes,
- Howard
Coventry University Student Ambassador
Original post by Maryammiah1301

Hi @Maryammiah1301!

Congratulations on graduating with a psychology degree!

Here is a list of some careers that involve psychology degrees (some mention the requirement for postgraduate study, but others merely say that a psychology degree would be useful):
Psychology Jobs

There are a range of different careers that you can go into with just your undergraduate degree, and some may require extra training, but often you can do this whilst in the job!

I hope this was helpful!

~ Cathryn (Lancaster University Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest