The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Offers Thread - 2012 Entry

Pretty content that I have all my offers/rejections.

Always wanted UCL as a an insurance and its a pretty darn good university.

SO... Anyone else with (Chemistry) offers out there ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Thanks for making this thread :biggrin:

If UCL is your insurance, what's your first choice?

I've got an offer for MEng CompSci, so not a fellow chemist I'm afraid.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Was just about to start this thread haha.
But anyway, BEng Engineering with Business Finance. Certainly will firm. Cant wait to start.
Reply 3
Not Chemistry I'm afraid...but I've got an offer to study Medicine.

I'm not sure if it will be my firm choice, that depends on whether I get into Imperial or not. I probably won't even have to make that decision (predicting a rejection from Impy to be honest :biggrin:)
Original post by Lucevar
Thanks for making this thread :biggrin:

If UCL is your insurance, what's your first choice?

I've got an offer for MEng CompSci, so not a fellow chemist I'm afraid.

Imperial is my firm :wink:

What about you ?
Reply 5
Original post by Ari Ben Canaan
Imperial is my firm :wink:

What about you ?

Cambridge would be my firm if I got fished, but if not UCL will definitely be mine :smile:
Reply 6
*waves*

Unconditional for ESPS here.
Reply 7
I am officially so excited to go!!! Anyone else get in for psychology? :biggrin:
Pretty content that I have all my offers/rejections.

Always wanted UCL as a an insurance and its a pretty darn good university.

SO... Anyone else with (Chemistry) offers out there ?

Yah I have an offer for chem! Dunno if I should firm it or take a gap year.
Original post by thehaberprocess
Yah I have an offer for chem! Dunno if I should firm it or take a gap year.

Did you apply to Oxford too ?

Hey, UCL is a pretty darn good University. I'd say take it... It doesnt matter where you do your undergrad but where you do you PhD.
Did you apply to Oxford too ?

Hey, UCL is a pretty darn good University. I'd say take it... It doesnt matter where you do your undergrad but where you do you PhD.

yeah I did. Sadly it was not to be (then again my performance at the interviews were an abomination :biggrin:) I'm not entirely sure I want a PhD to be honest haha, just a solid masters.
Offer for geology AAB. It will probably be my firm, just have to decide between UCL, Durham and St Andrews, the latter of which I don't have an offer for as of yet. The main attraction of UCL is the student life for me- although I am both terrified and excited at the same time.. coming from a seaside town in sunny Suffolk I am not used to city life, haha :biggrin:
Reply 12
Got an offer for psychology, really looking forward to it all :biggrin:
Reply 13
offer for chemistry :smile:
however it is my insurance , i'm going to firm Imperial :smile:
yeah I did. Sadly it was not to be (then again my performance at the interviews were an abomination :biggrin:) I'm not entirely sure I want a PhD to be honest haha, just a solid masters.

Ah, dont worry !! I landed up getting rejected too :wink: Still, dont just ignore UCL. Its a solid University with a solid rep.

Original post by Catherinee
offer for chemistry :smile:
however it is my insurance , i'm going to firm Imperial :smile:

SAME HERE !!! I'll be firming Insurance and making UCL an insurance.

What is your offer ? Congrats by the way !
Original post by paulbridger
Offer for geology AAB. It will probably be my firm, just have to decide between UCL, Durham and St Andrews, the latter of which I don't have an offer for as of yet. The main attraction of UCL is the student life for me- although I am both terrified and excited at the same time.. coming from a seaside town in sunny Suffolk I am not used to city life, haha :biggrin:

Durham is a bit out of the way :/ Still, its up to you :wink: Congratulations by the way !

Original post by Plot Blue
Got an offer for psychology, really looking forward to it all :biggrin:

Good on you. :smile: What's your offer ?
Reply 16
:frown:. almost alll on this forum want to go to Imperial not UCL
Original post by Sir KBS
:frown:. almost alll on this forum want to go to Imperial not UCL

Nah, there are quite a few people out there who intend to firm UCL.

Plus, just because a person says they WANT to go to Imperial it doesnt mean they ARE going to Imperial for sure.
Nah, there are quite a few people out there who intend to firm UCL.

Plus, just because a person says they WANT to go to Imperial it doesnt mean they ARE going to Imperial for sure.

What makes you want to firm Imperial, out of curiosity? With regards to your previous post, yeah I know UCL is an incredible uni and a lot of people think I'm deluded for wanting to take a gap year just for Oxford, but at the same time, UCL's chem department isn't the strongest. :/
What makes you want to firm Imperial, out of curiosity? With regards to your previous post, yeah I know UCL is an incredible uni and a lot of people think I'm deluded for wanting to take a gap year just for Oxford, but at the same time, UCL's chem department isn't the strongest. :/

Imperial's offer will likely be higher than that of UCL hence it makes no sense firming UCL.

Dude, dont go chasing an institution like that... Its never healthy.

Have you applied to Imperial ? If not, you MIGHT want to consider replacing one of your choices with Imperial.

Their standard offer for Chem is AAA.

I dont know... Its just a suggestion :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending