The Student Room Group

AQA AS Level Bussiness Studies Jan 11th exam for BUSS1

How do people think they done today?:smile:
Reply 1
Went well apart from the last question, what was your answer?
Option 1 got like £15,390 profit, just over his aim but Option 2 got £80,000 profit. Fluked a bit on the last question but found the rest pretty easy though.
Reply 3
Think I ballsed the last one up, ended up saying they would make a loss, but yeah the rest was easy. Hopefully get a B.
Reply 4
yeahh I thought it weren't too bad to be fair, last one I put profit at just over £15,000 or something, the last 2 questions were the hardest though haha
Reply 5
btw, for the last one, did we have to compare both options? :s-smilie:
Reply 6
yh they didnt ask you to compare :s
Last question in the exam was horrible, I just made something up and came to the conclusion it made a loss. Also if we were expected to compare the options, it should have been stated a little clearer as im predicted an A and did nothing of the sort.. Oh well there goes my A, Lool ..

Anyway was it just me or did everyone feel the questiosn were asked in a different way to the format from the past papers?
Reply 8
haha, yeah they were deffo! Oh well, all we can do now is pray haha!:wink: To be fair though, the definitions will pick up a lot of the marks, as long as you've done them, you'll be fine :smile:
I think I need to pray very very hard haha!. Yeah I write a defination for everyhting, I thought the calculation questions were pretty easy, last two messed up.. What were you hoping to get in this exam #StephenYu ?
Reply 10
hahhaa! Good luck (Y) :wink: yeahh I'd agree to be fair, the last two were purely anything I wrote down would do lool! Did you add the £3.29 to the 50p for variable costs? And would absolutely love an A but more likely to be a C lol, what about you #Annabelle.1993

thanks for that mate!
guys what did you get for finance questions? coz for the profit one i had like £600 something
no worries guys! found it, if any interesting please have a look http://tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/business-studies/comments/aqa-buss1-pierres-personalised-t-shirts-observations-suggested-answers

at Option 1 (2012)

Selling price per shirt: £9.20
less: Purchase Cost per shirt: £3.29
less: Other variable costs per shirt: £0.50

= Contribution per shirt: £5.41
Forecast quantity sales: 9,000 t-shirts

= Contribution: £48,690 [9,000 x £5.41]

1(dii) Based on the data and information in the case study, calculate Pierre’s expected profit in his first year (2012) (3 marks)

Contribution (calculated in 1di): £48,690

less:

Fixed costs - rent: £20,000
Other fixed costs: £28,000
Total fixed costs £48,000

=

Profit: £690
Reply 15
Looks like ive lost 15 marks on the last question :frown: when are the retakes?
Reply 16
Original post by brokenspud

You can still get an A even if you get 0 on the last question, there's still some hope :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by brokenspud

You can still get marks on the last question even if you got the calculation with ECF (error carried forward) marks! Basically, if u get wrong answer but justify it correctly you will get some marks!
Reply 18
I totaly misread the last question as i was running out of time, so i went on about option one and option two and which onw would be better, but i hope i can atleast get 1 mark for defining what is an objective lol
Reply 19
I thought the paper was pretty easy, untill i realise i'd done breakeven wrong so had to change it, which left me 10mins to do the last question, hoping i pulled it off, probably my worst exam, even tho i thought it'd be my best!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending